What can i do with my overages/ caregiver

Mmjguru0561

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, DeezyJ said:

I’ve also wondered this. Can you recommend any farmer markets? I’ve heard of one in flint. 

There are a few now in the Flint area. G3C you show your cards. The other ones you just walk in and sell. They are all very competitive. I saw top shelf going for $150 an ounce. It's a buyers market. We freed the weed now it's cheap. Hard to justify all the work put into it at that price. Growers who depend on selling are in a tough spot lately. The market got really wide and it seems like everyone is selling something. 

4 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

There are a few now in the Flint area. G3C you show your cards. The other ones you just walk in and sell. They are all very competitive. I saw top shelf going for $150 an ounce. It's a buyers market. We freed the weed now it's cheap. Hard to justify all the work put into it at that price. Growers who depend on selling are in a tough spot lately. The market got really wide and it seems like everyone is selling something. 

Is this legal? What is stopping these places from being raided?

1 hour ago, semicaregiver said:

Have not seen anything re Farmer's Markets, but you might not want to be at an illegal dispensary on the wrong day....

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/michigan-state-police-raid-multiple-black-market-weed-shops?fbclid=IwAR0MmEHpmijqxrlVBgSZgXBJLB0CG5rGfzOXOPxUile5hTvN2JvoNi2MCzw

The way you wrote that " you might not want to be at an illegal dispensary on the wrong day" would lead someone to think that people buying would be in trouble. That's totally wrong. 

I read the article and it says the state police gathered evidence to give to the prosecutor after people in the community complained about an illegal dispensary. The dispensary owner asked the locals if they could open a cannabis dispensary and they said NO to them.  They went and opened the shop anyway. What would you expect to happen?

You can dig up something on google and miss represent it to scare people. Not sure why you would do that ….??

I think you could have been a little more 'truthful' and said, "Might not want to open a dispensary if the locals said no."

The Genesee County Prosecutor isn't prosecuting the places I wrote about. They have been open for months and months now. My advice would be to only carry what you can legally have and be careful driving. 

2 hours ago, semicaregiver said:

Have not seen anything re Farmer's Markets, but you might not want to be at an illegal dispensary on the wrong day....

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/michigan-state-police-raid-multiple-black-market-weed-shops?fbclid=IwAR0MmEHpmijqxrlVBgSZgXBJLB0CG5rGfzOXOPxUile5hTvN2JvoNi2MCzw

"The people of Michigan spoke - they wanted to have recreational marijuana - which is fine. We're just here to enforce the law of anything that's illegal," said Lt. Mike Shaw

Translation: They forgot to give the State it's cut so we trashed their business.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Kingdiamond said:

Where is it saying that they are ending the MMMP Caregiver program?  What I read says that they  just can no longer  transfer to the dispensary's ?

This is way I read it also. Caregiver's can still have 5 patients and same plant count.

No change to caregivers who only sell to their patients.

How crooked is it when an entity that has paid a huge amount to grow still outsources what they present at the retail outlet? 

It's either extremely lazy or someone is cutting a corner somewhere (ILLEGAL) to make more money.

There's more to this, like someone is buying wholesale on the black market and 'laundering' it at a crooked provisioning center. 

It has nothing to do with any legal caregivers. It has everything to do with crooked people with bad ideas to take advantage of consumers and defile the names of those who are following the rules, caregivers. 

Resto is correct the purchasing of "caregiver product" has  been a sham perpetrated by dispensaries looking to make a quick buck.

The simple reality is the state licensed more dispensaries than there was "legal" product for.   The MRA caved to the demands of the dispensaries and allowed them to buy "caregiver" overages.  It did not take long for folks looking to make a buck to bring in "pounds of "caregiver" overages to the dispensaries.   Did these caregivers grow the product?  Sure some did, but it was more likely they were large illegal grows or someone bringing product from a Western state.  It was all done with a wink and nod by the MRA.   They (MRA) created a form to enter the "caregiver product into their tracking system with just a caregiver name and signature.   There was no recording of the caregivers card number, address or DL or anything to enable the state or LEO to identify the caregiver.   The only interesting restriction at all was the "caregiver" product had to be tested and each caregiver lot for testing could not exceed 15#'s.  You had "caregivers" attending the MRA quarterly meetings and complaining about the testing since they had to break their 20#'s of overages into two lots and the test lab approved one and not the other.   I wonder how many folks on here have 15#'s plus of overages from their basement grows?  

Back last March (2019) I was at a small group meeting with Brisbo and about 20 others (Mike K was there).  I raised this issue with him as to how as head of MRA he is responsible for the patient/caregiver system and the system does not allow for caregiver sales to anyone other than their patients.  His answer was a very measured one.  He indicated that under the caregiver/patient system they are only responsible for passing out cards, LEO is responsible for enforcement.   Under the commercial laws, i.e. both medical and recreational ,the MRA is responsible for enforcement.   In that capacity the MRA can create emergency rules as to who the licensee's can buy from, i.e. "caregivers" but he can't make it legal for a caregiver to sell.  

• 2 years later...
On 1/14/2020 at 7:18 AM, Restorium2 said:

G3C is still open but are the others? What are the names and locations of the others if they are still open?