Vegging with CFL vs LED?

hero4u

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/17/2019 at 12:09 AM, hero4u said:

hello.  Right now im vegging with t5 cfl lights.   BUT i also have a full spectrum 1000 watt led AND a full spectrum 300 watt led i could use.  What light for vegging do you recommend?  Which one promotes quicker growth?  Thanks!

Hi ! We have every thing you could possibly want in LED, direct factory contact, let me know, (we supplied the first grow ops in Wa State and we have a lot of experience .:)

Thanks! Should I list my e-mail here? Don't know, first time here,    czimmerman@ahartsi.com

I've used almost everything except for CMH and 'really high end' LEDs .

From what I've personally experienced I would veg with a HID as first choice and COB LED's secondly.

I have a COB light thats full spectrum and quite nice- Its rated as a 1200 watt (but LED ratings are mostly garbage and not based on reality but on some mathematical 'equivalency ' or something) but pulls closer to 250 watts of actual power. Its a good light- I use 2 of them in a 4 x4 veg tent and they do an astonishing job for fairly cheap lights with low power consumption... Even though I prefer HID's, the tradeoff in heat (for me) vs how much light on get on my girls means those Cobs are a better bet for me- In my situation.

I can say with certainty the LEDs go a great job of rooting and promoting fast ,healthy growth- But I would still prefer HIDs if I had better temp control options- I wouldnt even think about trying to flower with cheap(er)  LEDs although the really high end stuff seems to handle flowering quite well- If I had the cash I would probably move to all really high end leds, myself.

Edited by Spellbound