I'm soon to be 57 a runner & have not touched weed this century & only once in the 90's which was really unpleasant to the point of panic attacks mainly due to strength.
With the legalization I've been curious to dip in a little. Due to running age & health I'm shy to smoke in favor of edibles & tinctures, I've never ingested THC & that's part of the fascination.
I'm looking for suggestions of strains & products that might be recommended, I want to avoid anything that is overly sleepy.

8 hours ago, Glassdub said:

I'm soon to be 57 a runner & have not touched weed this century & only once in the 90's which was really unpleasant to the point of panic attacks mainly due to strength.
With the legalization I've been curious to dip in a little. Due to running age & health I'm shy to smoke in favor of edibles & tinctures, I've never ingested THC & that's part of the fascination.
I'm looking for suggestions of strains & products that might be recommended, I want to avoid anything that is overly sleepy.

Tincture would be a good place to start. I like MCT oil tinctures, you can use it in your coffee or under your tounge, and usually does not taste too strong.  For me, if I am awake and active, I stay that way. If I am tired, they will put me to sleep. Tincture allows you to find an exact dose, start small and work your way up. It also takes effect faster than edibles and is more predictable. Alcohol tincture, works even faster, and is shorter in duration, thus even more controllable. It does taste bad though, and you are ingesting alcohol.

There are also tinctures made with different thc:cbd ratios, I like the balanced effect of a 1:1. Also, if you try tincture, and are worried about having too potent of an experience. Get some CBD tincture to have on hand. If you are uncomfortably high, CBD will balance it out for you, and bring you back to earth a bit. By having both a CBD and thc tincture, you can also play with ratios on your own.

Yeah, I've been Looking at Mary's
https://marysmedicinals.com/products/consumable/
A friend has really been pushing me toward CBD over THC but I was concerned about the CBD knocking me out as my blood sugar runs low. Maybe the 1:1 would be good, I've been bouncing between that & the all THC variety.

Edited by Glassdub

1 hour ago, Glassdub said:

Yeah, I've been Looking at Mary's
https://marysmedicinals.com/products/consumable/
A friend has really been pushing me toward CBD over THC but I was concerned about the CBD knocking me out as my blood sugar runs low. Maybe the 1:1 would be good, I've been bouncing between that & the all THC variety.

If you can get both an all thc and an all CBD, you can experiment and find what you like. Try each on their own, then an equal mix, and figure it out from there. Usually 1 dropper is about 10mg thc or CBD. Start with a full dropper, that is a light dose. What is your goal? Pain releif, relaxation, fun?

Edited by glued gorilla

Fun mostly, my hips are in constant pain, that I have come to accept as the norm, from running if this was aided it would be a welcome plus.
It does seem a better deal from the Mary selection to get a bottle of both THC & CBD separate as the single bottle 1:1 is just 200mg total for the same price as 1000mg separate.

Edited by Glassdub

1 hour ago, Glassdub said:

Fun mostly, my hips are in constant pain, that I have come to accept as the norm, from running if this was aided it would be a welcome plus.
It does seem a better deal from the Mary selection to get a bottle of both THC & CBD separate as the single bottle 1:1 is just 200mg total for the same price as 1000mg separate.

Especially being more for fun, I would get both and play with it. I would say you will probably like more THC, CBD isn't much of a buzz. To relax after a run you may like more CBD though, it has a calming effect, at least for me. What is nice is the control over dosage. Unless you have a high tolerance to medication in general, I would say 50mg is probably max dose, 10-25mg is what I like of thc. My 1:1 is usually 10mg each, which is 1 dropper each of what I have.