Can I become a caregiver at 19 years old with medical card?

Hello, I am interested in becoming a caregiver for patients and have a few questions. I am 19 years old with a medical marijuana card and would like to become a caregiver for people like my sick uncle. I'm unsure if you are required to be 21 to do this or not, or will having a medical marijuana card and being 18+ work? I also am unsure of what applications need to be filled out and sent to the state in order to register patients and how that process works. Will my card be void or will I just get another card in the mail, and will my patient's medcard be void while their caregiver card comes in the mail? Also, does a patient that I caregive for have to possess a medical marijuana card as well? or will being over 21+ do the trick. Sorry for the long post, but I'd like to do the process right and if I could get any help of how to go through this process that would be a tremendous help. Thanks.   

12 hours ago, herbalhealinggrowers said:

Hello, I am interested in becoming a caregiver for patients and have a few questions. I am 19 years old with a medical marijuana card and would like to become a caregiver for people like my sick uncle. I'm unsure if you are required to be 21 to do this or not, or will having a medical marijuana card and being 18+ work? I also am unsure of what applications need to be filled out and sent to the state in order to register patients and how that process works. Will my card be void or will I just get another card in the mail, and will my patient's medcard be void while their caregiver card comes in the mail? Also, does a patient that I caregive for have to possess a medical marijuana card as well? or will being over 21+ do the trick. Sorry for the long post, but I'd like to do the process right and if I could get any help of how to go through this process that would be a tremendous help. Thanks.   

You have to be 21. 

You can grow up to 12 marijuana plants per household. Twelve plants can give you quite a large yield.

You can also "gift" up to 2.5 oz. or 15 grams of concentrate for free to another adult.

My suggestion would be to grow your own cannabis and then you can give your uncle his meds from your supply as long as no money changes hands.

The few years that the state infringes on your rights because of your age will give you a good opportunity to hone your growing skills so when you reach an age deemed proper by our brilliant leaders you will be able to supply patients with confidence.

• 1 year later...

Frankly speaking, I would recommend against following this plan - the growing of marijuana, although legalized in some places, is still controlled by the authorities. I think you should wait until you're 21 or ask for help. If you can't wait for the proper age, then try to consult a professional.  Now there are many platforms for online consultations recently, I've used iinsight.biz to keep my medical card securely in the cloud and communicate with the doctor I trust. After a severe hip injury, I was prescribed painkillers and restorative gymnastics in a rehabilitation center (and the iinsight community helped me with useful info).

Edited by AndrewLampi