Watering coco with pump

maxaber99

Looking for suggestions on best pumps to use for watering and if any issues with 'dead heading' the pump.  I have a medical grow with 72 plants, so I have 1/2 hp utility pump with a 50-foot hose.  It pumps well when new, but over time it seems to burnout.  If I am watering and pump is running it works great, but between plants the pump is running but I am not watering as I switch to another pod or plant.  So it appears this puts a strain on the pump.   Would watering by hand just using gallon bucket be better or easier?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

4 hours ago, maxaber99 said:

Looking for suggestions on best pumps to use for watering and if any issues with 'dead heading' the pump.  I have a medical grow with 72 plants, so I have 1/2 hp utility pump with a 50-foot hose.  It pumps well when new, but over time it seems to burnout.  If I am watering and pump is running it works great, but between plants the pump is running but I am not watering as I switch to another pod or plant.  So it appears this puts a strain on the pump.   Would watering by hand just using gallon bucket be better or easier?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

I use 12v RV pumps. 

12 hours ago, maxaber99 said:

How many plants can you cover per pump?   Any idea on flow rate?  

You can get the size you need.

This one puts out almost double what you get out of your home tap.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/70-PSI-Washdown-Deck-Wash-Pump-Kit-12-V-5-0-GPM-High-Pressure-for-Yacht-RV-Boat/224091762423?hash=item342ce8eef7:g:CvcAAOSwyDVfGo~c