Jump to content

Can I own a gun if my roommate grows?


Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

If you buy a gun from a retailer, you will need to lie. There are a series of ?s one is about marijuana use. It is still against federal law, so answering yes will get you denied for any gun. I do not recommend lying, but it is you choice Just a heads up!

That being said, choose a gun that best fits your needs.  Sig suar makes great pistols for personal carry. Winchester for rifles, Remington for shot guns would be my brand preference

Edited by glued gorilla
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, glued gorilla said:

If you buy a gun from a retailer, you will need to lie. There are a series of ?s one is about marijuana use. It is still against federal law, so answering yes will get you denied for any gun. I do not recommend lying, but it is you choice Just a heads up!

That being said, choose a gun that best fits your needs.  Sig suar makes great pistols for personal carry. Winchester for rifles, Remington for shot guns would be my brand preference

The form asks if you are a marijuana user. 

Which begs the question of what is a marijuana user.

If you smoked once in your life are you a marijuana user for the whole rest of your life?

Of course the answer is NO.

If you quit a few years ago are you still a marijuana user?

Of course the answer is NO.

If you quit a few months ago are you still a marijuana user?

Of course the answer is NO.

And so on ....

You see my point.

So pick a time when you are not a marijuana user and fill out the form without lying.

Make sure there are no trips to the dispensary or documented sales during the time you are saying you are not a user. 

And as always, keep your story straight and consistent. Take notes with dates of when you were not a user as compared to your filling out the form. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

The form asks if you are a marijuana user. 

Which begs the question of what is a marijuana user.

If you smoked once in your life are you a marijuana user for the whole rest of your life?

Of course the answer is NO.

If you quit a few years ago are you still a marijuana user?

Of course the answer is NO.

If you quit a few months ago are you still a marijuana user?

Of course the answer is NO.

And so on ....

You see my point.

So pick a time when you are not a marijuana user and fill out the form without lying.

Make sure there are no trips to the dispensary or documented sales during the time you are saying you are not a user. 

And as always, keep your story straight and consistent. Take notes with dates of when you were not a user as compared to your filling out the form. 

Bending the truth is still lying, but whatever lets you sleep at night

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, glued gorilla said:

Bending the truth is still lying, but whatever lets you sleep at night

Read much?

What I said was 100% truthful.

Where is the line?

When are you not a user?

No one has to 'identify' by marijuana usage when they are not using. Just because you have a card doesn't prove you are using, it just proves you had an idea to try it out legally in your State. Doesn't mean you get up every morning and smoke a joint (nothing wrong with that).

You are stuck in the self criminalization rut self victimizing. Sometimes we are our own worst enemy. 

Keep those problems at home. No one wants those problems in their mind. It's not healthy.

How could you throw this BS shade about me sleeping at night when my rights have been trampled for better than 45 years under false pretenses and lies told about me? Ironic!

I'm using all my rights and sleeping quite well knowing that thank you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

Read much?

What I said was 100% truthful.

Where is the line?

When are you not a user?

No one has to 'identify' by marijuana usage when they are not using. Just because you have a card doesn't prove you are using, it just proves you had an idea to try it out legally in your State. Doesn't mean you get up every morning and smoke a joint (nothing wrong with that).

You are stuck in the self criminalization rut self victimizing. Sometimes we are our own worst enemy. 

Keep those problems at home. No one wants those problems in their mind. It's not healthy.

How could you throw this BS shade about me sleeping at night when my rights have been trampled for better than 45 years under false pretenses and lies told about me? Ironic!

I'm using all my rights and sleeping quite well knowing that thank you. 

Yeah, i did read. Still seems like lying, which is fine, but own it. I will lie to the government if i Deem necessary. They lie to us! I don't recommend to others, it is their decision.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, glued gorilla said:

Bending the truth is still lying, but whatever lets you sleep at night

 

1 minute ago, glued gorilla said:

Yeah, i did read. Still seems like lying, which is fine, but own it. I will lie to the government if i Deem necessary. They lie to us! I don't recommend to others, it is their decision.

So if you want to get your panties all bunched up about it then get yourself a test kit and when you test negative THEN fill out the form. 

At some point even the pre judging people have to agree you are not a user. 

So in your high opinion Mr. glued gorilla, how long does someone have to quit to get all their rights back? Never?

I don't have to lie because I use my head. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm forcing you into admitting that someone that has used marijuana sometime in their life can fill out that form  TRUTHFULLY that they ARE NOT a user.

From there it's just a matter of timing. We can debate that part. That would be science. Not BS.

The way they ask the question is all wrong in the first place because it might lead someone into the thinking the way you do that using at all loses your rights. But science has to prevail on this so we have to pick some sort of a test. Not a dark cloud that comes over you once you use marijuana and never leaves. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

I'm forcing you into admitting that someone that has used marijuana sometime in their life can fill out that form  TRUTHFULLY that they ARE NOT a user.

From there it's just a matter of timing. We can debate that part. That would be science. Not BS.

The way they ask the question is all wrong in the first place because it might lead someone into the thinking the way you do that using at all loses your rights. But science has to prevail on this so we have to pick some sort of a test. Not a dark cloud that comes over you once you use marijuana and never leaves. 

 

Most people here do use marijuana. My boxers(not, panties)are just fine. It seems yours are a bit bunched though. I only meant to tell the OP about the ? on the app. You are the one who made this argumentative when the post wasn't even about you, until you made it that way! I feel that some self reflection is needed on your part. Maybe if you realize you are more often the problem than the solution, you will stop chasing good people off this site. Have good day!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, glued gorilla said:

Most people here do use marijuana. My boxers(not, panties)are just fine. It seems yours are a bit bunched though. I only meant to tell the OP about the ? on the app. You are the one who made this argumentative when the post wasn't even about you, until you made it that way! I feel that some self reflection is needed on your part. Maybe if you realize you are more often the problem than the solution, you will stop chasing good people off this site. Have good day!

Well I'm the one trying to get to the solution and you are the one casting the shadows. 

Back to the nuts and bolts of it that you are trying so hard to avoid.

We know that most people have tried marijuana some time in their lives.

Millions of them fill out that form. Are they all liars?

Just answer the question;

How long ago does it have to be to make it so you are not lying on the form?

50 years? 40 years? 30 years? 20 years? How long?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And another one gone

1 minute ago, Restorium2 said:

Well I'm the one trying to get to the solution and you are the one casting the shadows. 

Back to the nuts and bolts of it that you are trying so hard to avoid.

We know that most people have tried marijuana some time in their lives.

Millions of them fill out that form. Are they all liars?

Just answer the question;

How long ago does it have to be to make it so you are not lying on the form?

50 years? 40 years? 30 years? 20 years? How long?

Perhaps you can answer the ? Without lying, many people can't. I never disputed that. This is pointless. As i said my post was to inform the OP of the ?. I have no desire to further communicate with you.  Also my opinion wouldn't matter, it would be the government definition of use, whatever the F that is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, glued gorilla said:

And another one gone

Perhaps you can answer the ? Without lying, many people can't. I never disputed that. This is pointless. As i said my post was to inform the OP of the ?. I have no desire to further communicate with you.  Also my opinion wouldn't matter, it would be the government definition of use, whatever the F that is.

Pointless?

Threads are about ALL the readers of it. Not just one person who asks the question.

The same questions I have pointed out have been, and will be, answered in court. 

They make sense out of it. They are all of our futures and they will define our rights.

These questions are very important.

I was hoping to use you as a example of changing thinking about it, bringing it into the light of science where the shadows go away and we can live together making sense. Keeping everything in context where it should be. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Someone reading this might become a test case and the advice I have given here could possibly be used as a defense. 

Myself, I can't see how they can prove you are lying on the form without a drug test. 

That's where we need to be on this. At least that far. It's still way overly restrictive but it would be a start. Just like with driving. We need to move forward in the right direction. If we would just roll over no one who is a marijuana 'user' could drive a car. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Restorium2 said:

Someone reading this might become a test case and the advice I have given here could possibly be used as a defense. 

Myself, I can't see how they can prove you are lying on the form without a drug test. 

That's where we need to be on this. At least that far. It's still way overly restrictive but it would be a start. Just like with driving. We need to move forward in the right direction. If we would just roll over no one who is a marijuana 'user' could drive a car. 

They can't prove it. It would only be a problem if you were busted doing something stupid while smoking weed with your gun around. Personally, i don't think the ? Is a big deal, just something to be aware of before you buy a gun. Again making the op aware of the ? Was my only motive. Again you felt the need to over complicate something simple, and pollute another thread. This is why the site is a ghost town.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why should anyone feel bad about not accurately answering a question on a form that solves no purpose? The very question is based on falsehood so what goes around comes around.

I don't recall anyone ever asking me if I wanted to be involved in this whole "government" scheme in the first place.

Purchase your firearm from a private citizen and you won't have to fill out any forms.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, glued gorilla said:

They can't prove it. It would only be a problem if you were busted doing something stupid while smoking weed with your gun around. Personally, i don't think the ? Is a big deal, just something to be aware of before you buy a gun. Again making the op aware of the ? Was my only motive. Again you felt the need to over complicate something simple, and pollute another thread. This is why the site is a ghost town.

Actually you are not even answering the OP's question. It was another new user who asked the last question. Like I said, read much. 

And actually again, I'm simplifying it. Bringing it down to the least common denominator, how you can not be a liar on the from. Because there's no decent judge in the world that thinks he lied on the form because he smoked in college and his or her gun was illegally purchased. Find common ground. Make common sense. Bring them along the path. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

Actually you are not even answering the OP's question. It was another new user who asked the last question. Like I said, read much. 

And actually again, I'm simplifying it. Bringing it down to the least common denominator, how you can not be a liar on the from. Because there's no decent judge in the world that thinks he lied on the form because he smoked in college and his or her gun was illegally purchased. Find common ground. Make common sense. Bring them along the path. 

Sorry, not technically the OP. Just the one who re started the thread after a year. Guess i should have clarified. When a thread is dead for a year and a new question is asked,i think of that as the OP. Either way, nothing was directed to you, yet you felt the need to derail the thread. And i did answer this persons question, along with addressing that this ? Is on the form.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, glued gorilla said:

Sorry, not technically the OP. Just the one who re started the thread after a year. Guess i should have clarified. When a thread is dead for a year and a new question is asked,i think of that as the OP. Either way, nothing was directed to you, yet you felt the need to derail the thread. And i did answer this persons question, along with addressing that this ? Is on the form.

 

2 hours ago, glued gorilla said:

If you buy a gun from a retailer, you will need to lie. There are a series of ?s one is about marijuana use. It is still against federal law, so answering yes will get you denied for any gun. I do not recommend lying, but it is you choice Just a heads up!

That being said, choose a gun that best fits your needs.  Sig suar makes great pistols for personal carry. Winchester for rifles, Remington for shot guns would be my brand preference

Yes, I did feel the need. It came right from my gut when you said what you did. Nothing could stop me from expressing my distaste with it. It definitely needed to be addressed. That is my right also. To find a path forward through all the BS. 

My logic prevails here. You are not a labeled for the rest of your life because of your use. Most will agree with that. Because most have used/tried marijuana. We can move forward together, however, not when you start with 'you gotta lie' if you used marijuana. That's where our repressors would like us to be. Liars. Bad people. That's BS. That's where we have been put as said by Attorney General Jeff Sessions, "Good people don't use marijuana". 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We will not lie and we will have our stories straight as to the truth of it. Whatever it takes. Whether you were not using the day you signed the form. You quit for a week, month, however long you felt comfortable with. Pass a drug test. There are ways around this without lying.  No one said it was easy however you don't have to lie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

 

Yes, I did feel the need. It came right from my gut when you said what you did. Nothing could stop me from expressing my distaste with it. It definitely needed to be addressed. That is my right also. To find a path forward through all the BS. 

My logic prevails here. You are not a labeled for the rest of your life because of your use. Most will agree with that. Because most have used/tried marijuana. We can move forward together, however, not when you start with 'you gotta lie' if you used marijuana. That's where our repressors would like us to be. Liars. Bad people. That's BS. That's where we have been put as said by Attorney General Jeff Sessions, "Good people don't use marijuana". 

Lie, make yourself think your telling the truth. It's not like after someone gets a gun,  that they will never use cannabis again,  if they do use it. So at some point they will,more likely than not,be lying. It's anyone's choice what they wish to do and how to justify it.

Edited by glued gorilla
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Similar Content

    • By keith mclaughlin
      On this episode of Let’s Be Blunt with Montel, Kyle Kazan joins Montel to talk about his transition from education, to law enforcement to becoming the CEO of one of the most successful vertically integrated private cannabis companies, Glass House. Kyle began his career in education, then moved on to law enforcement where he developed an expertise in gang and drug identification and eradication. Soon thereafter, he became an advocate to end the war on drugs. In 1991 He began investing in distressed real estate and launched a total of 23 private equity funds. Today he is the CEO of Glass House, a vertically integrated CA cannabis company. Kyle share his perspective on the war on drugs, and why he decided to pursue cannabis as a business. He also discusses why he believes his company remains profitable when many other cannabis businesses are struggling.
       
       
    • By GardenGuru
      Looking to become a caregiver and looking for patients. Located in the Oakland County Area. Feel free to contact me with questions or if you want photos of medicine. Thanks
    • By Findme Buds
      At the ModernAge Information center we are dedicated to providing a confidential and compassionate experience for individuals seeking to become certified for the use of medical marijuana in Michigan.
       
      Our center is there for our customers every step of the way while becoming certified for the use of medical marijuana in Michigan.
       
      ModernAge will help you schedule an appointment with a certified doctor and provide you with the support and community you will need in order to safely and effectively use medical marijuana to help treat your condition or disease and improve your quality of life.
       
      Conditions Approved for Medical Marijuana Recommendation
       
      * Agitation of Alzheimer’s Disease
      * Amyotropic Lateral Sclerosis
      * Cancer
      * Crohn’s Disease
      * Glaucoma
      * Hepatitis C
      * HIV/AIDS
      * Nail Patella
      * Cachexia or Wasting Syndrome
      * Severe Nausea
      * Severe & Chronic Pain
      * Seizures
      * Severe/Persistent Muscle Spasms
       
      Set Up a Free Consultation Today (248) 521-9327
       
      4490 Dixie Hwy
      Waterford, MI 48329


×
×
  • Create New...