Can I own a gun if my roommate grows?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

A weapon within a good hand is always good, as it gives a sense of security and control over the situation. I don't think you should worry because it's not a crime to have a gun, and also, you and your roommate are different people who have the right to do what they see fit. You are not responsible for each other. I am personally delighted that I bought a gun 3 years ago. I also have accessories for it, such as belts and especially scopes from https://ballachy.com/best-rifle-scope-anti-cant-devices/ It helps me train my skills and aim more accurately. This is a hobby in which I can develop and see good results. I understand your fears, but I don't think they make sense.

Edited by nudsenma

If you buy a gun from a retailer, you will need to lie. There are a series of ?s one is about marijuana use. It is still against federal law, so answering yes will get you denied for any gun. I do not recommend lying, but it is you choice Just a heads up!

That being said, choose a gun that best fits your needs.  Sig suar makes great pistols for personal carry. Winchester for rifles, Remington for shot guns would be my brand preference

Edited by glued gorilla

21 minutes ago, glued gorilla said:

If you buy a gun from a retailer, you will need to lie. There are a series of ?s one is about marijuana use. It is still against federal law, so answering yes will get you denied for any gun. I do not recommend lying, but it is you choice Just a heads up!

That being said, choose a gun that best fits your needs.  Sig suar makes great pistols for personal carry. Winchester for rifles, Remington for shot guns would be my brand preference

The form asks if you are a marijuana user. 

Which begs the question of what is a marijuana user.

If you smoked once in your life are you a marijuana user for the whole rest of your life?

Of course the answer is NO.

If you quit a few years ago are you still a marijuana user?

If you quit a few months ago are you still a marijuana user?

And so on ....

You see my point.

So pick a time when you are not a marijuana user and fill out the form without lying.

Make sure there are no trips to the dispensary or documented sales during the time you are saying you are not a user. 

And as always, keep your story straight and consistent. Take notes with dates of when you were not a user as compared to your filling out the form. 

24 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

The form asks if you are a marijuana user. 

Which begs the question of what is a marijuana user.

If you smoked once in your life are you a marijuana user for the whole rest of your life?

If you quit a few years ago are you still a marijuana user?

If you quit a few months ago are you still a marijuana user?

And so on ....

You see my point.

So pick a time when you are not a marijuana user and fill out the form without lying.

Make sure there are no trips to the dispensary or documented sales during the time you are saying you are not a user. 

And as always, keep your story straight and consistent. Take notes with dates of when you were not a user as compared to your filling out the form. 

Bending the truth is still lying, but whatever lets you sleep at night

5 minutes ago, glued gorilla said:

Read much?

What I said was 100% truthful.

Where is the line?

When are you not a user?

No one has to 'identify' by marijuana usage when they are not using. Just because you have a card doesn't prove you are using, it just proves you had an idea to try it out legally in your State. Doesn't mean you get up every morning and smoke a joint (nothing wrong with that).

You are stuck in the self criminalization rut self victimizing. Sometimes we are our own worst enemy. 

Keep those problems at home. No one wants those problems in their mind. It's not healthy.

How could you throw this BS shade about me sleeping at night when my rights have been trampled for better than 45 years under false pretenses and lies told about me? Ironic!

I'm using all my rights and sleeping quite well knowing that thank you. 

28 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

Read much?

What I said was 100% truthful.

Where is the line?

When are you not a user?

No one has to 'identify' by marijuana usage when they are not using. Just because you have a card doesn't prove you are using, it just proves you had an idea to try it out legally in your State. Doesn't mean you get up every morning and smoke a joint (nothing wrong with that).

You are stuck in the self criminalization rut self victimizing. Sometimes we are our own worst enemy. 

Keep those problems at home. No one wants those problems in their mind. It's not healthy.

How could you throw this BS shade about me sleeping at night when my rights have been trampled for better than 45 years under false pretenses and lies told about me? Ironic!

I'm using all my rights and sleeping quite well knowing that thank you. 

Yeah, i did read. Still seems like lying, which is fine, but own it. I will lie to the government if i Deem necessary. They lie to us! I don't recommend to others, it is their decision.

46 minutes ago, glued gorilla said:

1 minute ago, glued gorilla said:

Yeah, i did read. Still seems like lying, which is fine, but own it. I will lie to the government if i Deem necessary. They lie to us! I don't recommend to others, it is their decision.

So if you want to get your panties all bunched up about it then get yourself a test kit and when you test negative THEN fill out the form. 

At some point even the pre judging people have to agree you are not a user. 

So in your high opinion Mr. glued gorilla, how long does someone have to quit to get all their rights back? Never?

I don't have to lie because I use my head. 

I'm forcing you into admitting that someone that has used marijuana sometime in their life can fill out that form  TRUTHFULLY that they ARE NOT a user.

From there it's just a matter of timing. We can debate that part. That would be science. Not BS.

The way they ask the question is all wrong in the first place because it might lead someone into the thinking the way you do that using at all loses your rights. But science has to prevail on this so we have to pick some sort of a test. Not a dark cloud that comes over you once you use marijuana and never leaves. 

9 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

I'm forcing you into admitting that someone that has used marijuana sometime in their life can fill out that form  TRUTHFULLY that they ARE NOT a user.

From there it's just a matter of timing. We can debate that part. That would be science. Not BS.

The way they ask the question is all wrong in the first place because it might lead someone into the thinking the way you do that using at all loses your rights. But science has to prevail on this so we have to pick some sort of a test. Not a dark cloud that comes over you once you use marijuana and never leaves. 

Most people here do use marijuana. My boxers(not, panties)are just fine. It seems yours are a bit bunched though. I only meant to tell the OP about the ? on the app. You are the one who made this argumentative when the post wasn't even about you, until you made it that way! I feel that some self reflection is needed on your part. Maybe if you realize you are more often the problem than the solution, you will stop chasing good people off this site. Have good day!

Most people here do use marijuana. My boxers(not, panties)are just fine. It seems yours are a bit bunched though. I only meant to tell the OP about the ? on the app. You are the one who made this argumentative when the post wasn't even about you, until you made it that way! I feel that some self reflection is needed on your part. Maybe if you realize you are more often the problem than the solution, you will stop chasing good people off this site. Have good day!

Well I'm the one trying to get to the solution and you are the one casting the shadows. 

Back to the nuts and bolts of it that you are trying so hard to avoid.

We know that most people have tried marijuana some time in their lives.

Millions of them fill out that form. Are they all liars?

Just answer the question;

How long ago does it have to be to make it so you are not lying on the form?

50 years? 40 years? 30 years? 20 years? How long?

And another one gone

1 minute ago, Restorium2 said:

Well I'm the one trying to get to the solution and you are the one casting the shadows. 

Back to the nuts and bolts of it that you are trying so hard to avoid.

We know that most people have tried marijuana some time in their lives.

Millions of them fill out that form. Are they all liars?

Just answer the question;

How long ago does it have to be to make it so you are not lying on the form?

50 years? 40 years? 30 years? 20 years? How long?

Perhaps you can answer the ? Without lying, many people can't. I never disputed that. This is pointless. As i said my post was to inform the OP of the ?. I have no desire to further communicate with you.  Also my opinion wouldn't matter, it would be the government definition of use, whatever the F that is.

Just now, glued gorilla said:

And another one gone

Perhaps you can answer the ? Without lying, many people can't. I never disputed that. This is pointless. As i said my post was to inform the OP of the ?. I have no desire to further communicate with you.  Also my opinion wouldn't matter, it would be the government definition of use, whatever the F that is.

Pointless?

Threads are about ALL the readers of it. Not just one person who asks the question.

The same questions I have pointed out have been, and will be, answered in court. 

They make sense out of it. They are all of our futures and they will define our rights.

These questions are very important.

I was hoping to use you as a example of changing thinking about it, bringing it into the light of science where the shadows go away and we can live together making sense. Keeping everything in context where it should be. 

Someone reading this might become a test case and the advice I have given here could possibly be used as a defense. 

Myself, I can't see how they can prove you are lying on the form without a drug test. 

That's where we need to be on this. At least that far. It's still way overly restrictive but it would be a start. Just like with driving. We need to move forward in the right direction. If we would just roll over no one who is a marijuana 'user' could drive a car. 

1 minute ago, Restorium2 said:

Someone reading this might become a test case and the advice I have given here could possibly be used as a defense. 

Myself, I can't see how they can prove you are lying on the form without a drug test. 

That's where we need to be on this. At least that far. It's still way overly restrictive but it would be a start. Just like with driving. We need to move forward in the right direction. If we would just roll over no one who is a marijuana 'user' could drive a car. 

They can't prove it. It would only be a problem if you were busted doing something stupid while smoking weed with your gun around. Personally, i don't think the ? Is a big deal, just something to be aware of before you buy a gun. Again making the op aware of the ? Was my only motive. Again you felt the need to over complicate something simple, and pollute another thread. This is why the site is a ghost town.

Why should anyone feel bad about not accurately answering a question on a form that solves no purpose? The very question is based on falsehood so what goes around comes around.

I don't recall anyone ever asking me if I wanted to be involved in this whole "government" scheme in the first place.

Purchase your firearm from a private citizen and you won't have to fill out any forms.

They can't prove it. It would only be a problem if you were busted doing something stupid while smoking weed with your gun around. Personally, i don't think the ? Is a big deal, just something to be aware of before you buy a gun. Again making the op aware of the ? Was my only motive. Again you felt the need to over complicate something simple, and pollute another thread. This is why the site is a ghost town.

Actually you are not even answering the OP's question. It was another new user who asked the last question. Like I said, read much. 

And actually again, I'm simplifying it. Bringing it down to the least common denominator, how you can not be a liar on the from. Because there's no decent judge in the world that thinks he lied on the form because he smoked in college and his or her gun was illegally purchased. Find common ground. Make common sense. Bring them along the path. 

2 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

Actually you are not even answering the OP's question. It was another new user who asked the last question. Like I said, read much. 

And actually again, I'm simplifying it. Bringing it down to the least common denominator, how you can not be a liar on the from. Because there's no decent judge in the world that thinks he lied on the form because he smoked in college and his or her gun was illegally purchased. Find common ground. Make common sense. Bring them along the path. 

Sorry, not technically the OP. Just the one who re started the thread after a year. Guess i should have clarified. When a thread is dead for a year and a new question is asked,i think of that as the OP. Either way, nothing was directed to you, yet you felt the need to derail the thread. And i did answer this persons question, along with addressing that this ? Is on the form.

2 minutes ago, glued gorilla said:

Sorry, not technically the OP. Just the one who re started the thread after a year. Guess i should have clarified. When a thread is dead for a year and a new question is asked,i think of that as the OP. Either way, nothing was directed to you, yet you felt the need to derail the thread. And i did answer this persons question, along with addressing that this ? Is on the form.

2 hours ago, glued gorilla said:

Yes, I did feel the need. It came right from my gut when you said what you did. Nothing could stop me from expressing my distaste with it. It definitely needed to be addressed. That is my right also. To find a path forward through all the BS. 

My logic prevails here. You are not a labeled for the rest of your life because of your use. Most will agree with that. Because most have used/tried marijuana. We can move forward together, however, not when you start with 'you gotta lie' if you used marijuana. That's where our repressors would like us to be. Liars. Bad people. That's BS. That's where we have been put as said by Attorney General Jeff Sessions, "Good people don't use marijuana". 

We will not lie and we will have our stories straight as to the truth of it. Whatever it takes. Whether you were not using the day you signed the form. You quit for a week, month, however long you felt comfortable with. Pass a drug test. There are ways around this without lying.  No one said it was easy however you don't have to lie.

9 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

Yes, I did feel the need. It came right from my gut when you said what you did. Nothing could stop me from expressing my distaste with it. It definitely needed to be addressed. That is my right also. To find a path forward through all the BS. 

My logic prevails here. You are not a labeled for the rest of your life because of your use. Most will agree with that. Because most have used/tried marijuana. We can move forward together, however, not when you start with 'you gotta lie' if you used marijuana. That's where our repressors would like us to be. Liars. Bad people. That's BS. That's where we have been put as said by Attorney General Jeff Sessions, "Good people don't use marijuana". 

Lie, make yourself think your telling the truth. It's not like after someone gets a gun,  that they will never use cannabis again,  if they do use it. So at some point they will,more likely than not,be lying. It's anyone's choice what they wish to do and how to justify it.

Edited by glued gorilla