Can I own a gun if my roommate grows?

2 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

We will not lie and we will have our stories straight as to the truth of it. Whatever it takes. Whether you were not using the day you signed the form. You quit for a week, month, however long you felt comfortable with. Pass a drug test. There are ways around this without lying.  No one said it was easy however you don't have to lie.

All technicality, but yes smart to avoid issues.

3 minutes ago, glued gorilla said:

Lie, make yourself think your telling the truth. It's not like after someone gets a gun,  that they will never use cannabis again,  if they do use it. So at some point they will,more likely than not,be lying. It's anyone's choice what they wish to do and how to justify it.

The form doesn't ask that. It isn't asking you to predict the future. It asks about right now when you are filling it out. 

Why does my brain go to ways to do this and you find false stuff to block it?

37 minutes ago, Wild Bill said:

Why should anyone feel bad about not accurately answering a question on a form that solves no purpose? The very question is based on falsehood so what goes around comes around.

I don't recall anyone ever asking me if I wanted to be involved in this whole "government" scheme in the first place.

Purchase your firearm from a private citizen and you won't have to fill out any forms.

Exactly what my point is Bill. I don't feel bad answering accurately or not. Just letting the poster know that ansering yes will result in denial

1 minute ago, Restorium2 said:

The form doesn't ask that. It isn't asking you to predict the future. It asks about right now when you are filling it out. 

Why does my brain go to ways to do this and you find false stuff to block it?

Not blocking at all.  You are just finding a work around, which is fine. Probably better than an inaccurate answer, but i would just anser as necessary. I just won't tell others to do so.

20 hours ago, glued gorilla said:

Exactly what my point is Bill. I don't feel bad answering accurately or not. Just letting the poster know that ansering yes will result in denial

glued gorilla quote in context with filling out the form;

Bending the truth is still lying, but whatever lets you sleep at night.

That shade about being able to sleep at night you posted earlier in the thread if you lied on the form isn't consistent with what you said to Bill about not feeling bad about lying on the form. I'm not seeing your thoughts here as genuine at all. Flip flopping when you meet resistance. 

21 hours ago, glued gorilla said:

Lie, make yourself think your telling the truth. It's not like after someone gets a gun,  that they will never use cannabis again,  if they do use it. So at some point they will,more likely than not,be lying. It's anyone's choice what they wish to do and how to justify it.

Now a question;

Is it just a cannabis user that has to give up their guns if the happen to smoke again or does everyone who takes a toke at a party have to give up their guns? Like "OOPS I smoked now I can't ever have a gun legally again because I'm a cannabis user"

EVERYONE can see the hypocrisy in that and how the question on the form is un workable in reality. All it does is let bad people throw shade on ANY cannabis use. 

1 hour ago, Restorium2 said:

Now a question;

Is it just a cannabis user that has to give up their guns if the happen to smoke again or does everyone who takes a toke at a party have to give up their guns? Like "OOPS I smoked now I can't ever have a gun legally again because I'm a cannabis user"

EVERYONE can see the hypocrisy in that and how the question on the form is un workable in reality. All it does is let bad people throw shade on ANY cannabis use. 

I understand what you have been getting at. However, as i have said MANY times, my intent was only to let the poster know about the ?, and the fact that they will be denied if they answer yes. As far as I'm concerned, everyone should do as they please, and the powers at be( god, government,  ect) can sort it out. It is not up to me to define this ? Or how it should be answered. I have stated how i would handle it, i just will not recommend any action to someone else that could potentially have legal ramifications

2 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

glued gorilla quote in context with filling out the form;

Bending the truth is still lying, but whatever lets you sleep at night.

That shade about being able to sleep at night you posted earlier in the thread if you lied on the form isn't consistent with what you said to Bill about not feeling bad about lying on the form. I'm not seeing your thoughts here as genuine at all. Flip flopping when you meet resistance. 

Not flip flopping, you misunderstand me. I will lie if i have to, and sleep fine. It just seems as if you need to justify something as truth that really is not. If you are going to lie, just lie. You are working around the truth

48 minutes ago, glued gorilla said:

At any rate, i am done here. We have clogged up this thread enough. 

Sorry to the poster that was seeking information!

I'm not a bit sorry because I have provided excellent advice for ANYONE buying a weapon legally. 

Empowered anyone that will read it.

And I hope that I have thwarted the pinheaded folks who think a 'cannabis user' is any different than anyone else who has ever tried it once.

If you ever tried it once then you are in the same boat as the rest of us 'users'. You lied on the form and you have your guns illegally. Now that is millions of liars for guns. They should all stand up and point to the hypocrisy of this BS. 

5 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

I'm not a bit sorry because I have provided excellent advice for ANYONE buying a weapon legally. 

Empowered anyone that will read it.

And I hope that I have thwarted the pinheaded folks who think a 'cannabis user' is any different than anyone else who has ever You lied on the form and you have your guns illegally.

Actually, i don't own any guns. I would lie on the form if i felt the need. I used to have guns, but sold them when i quit hunting. I shoot frequently with my dad, but use his guns

59 minutes ago, glued gorilla said:

Not flip flopping, you misunderstand me. I will lie if i have to, and sleep fine. It just seems as if you need to justify something as truth that really is not. If you are going to lie, just lie. You are working around the truth

We are not liars. We are not 'cannabis users'. You can't label us.  We are people who have used cannabis. So there's no lie involved. 

The trap here is going along with an insult on top of an infringement on our rights. 

They are purposely dehumanizing us, devaluing us, and then comes the punishment for us that don't measure up. 

Just go ahead and lie isn't the answer here. It's the trap. 

5 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

The form! The form and who ever made the god awful thing. The high and mighty liars. The minds that follow it. One's who say to lie. Demeaning us multiple ways. All in the name of we are not worthy to have guns. What a pile. 

Ok, something i actually agree with🤣🤣

The precise wording on the ATF Form 4473, Firearms Transaction Record is, "Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?"

So the questions you will be answering are,

Are you using cannabis (or other drugs) illegally?

Are you addicted to cannabis (or other drugs)?

So, if you are following the law and aren't addicted then you should be able to answer truthfully without any misrepresentation.

This could of course be interpreted in different ways but it seems pretty clear to me.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/4473-part-1-firearms-transaction-record-over-counter-atf-form-53009/download

Edited by Wild Bill

3 minutes ago, Wild Bill said:

The precise wording on the ATF Form 4473, Firearms Transaction Record is, "Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?"

So, if you are following the law and aren't addicted then you should be able to answer truthfully without any misrepresentation.

This could of course be interpreted in different ways but it seems pretty clear to me.

You left out the bolded WARNING they recently added right below the question on the form:

Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside

Edited by Restorium2

12 minutes ago, Wild Bill said:

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/4473-part-1-firearms-transaction-record-over-counter-atf-form-53009/download

Looks like wording has changed since i last saw it. Thank you Bill!