Do these look ready??

Trublue616

• 2 weeks later...

oh, they actually look great. considering the fact that you even didn't notice how they were growing and just watered them, great job, I guess, a week would be enough for them. To tell you the truth, I was so worried when I was growing the, for the first time, I didn't know what equipment to use and whether I need to water them once a week or more. There were too many questions, lol. However, I found a solution, actually. Due to the IndoorGrowTech where I discovered really useful forum and even some tutorials and useful articles, I've managed to grow a perfect final product.

Edited by RobertFerguson

Thanks everyone! I did cut them both down this past Sunday and they are drying upside down as we speak. I was confident in plant#1 but it seemed like plant#2 was getting new pistil growth late? And checking the trichomes..that was tricky for me. I used a standard magnifying glass= Nothing. I tried my iPhone 10 zoom x10= Kinda. I just could not get a great shot to see clear/milky results. The drying/curing process begins.

19 hours ago, Kingdiamond said:

I cut each bud off and toss them in a hanger it takes time off the drying process you leave the buds on the stalk they are still getting moisture .

King, I see your point. Is their a second option if I do not own a hanger? Brainstorming: would the top of a reptile cage work? It is fairly big.

Edited by Trublue616

19 hours ago, Trublue616 said:

King, I see your point. Is their a second option if I do not own a hanger? Brainstorming: would the top of a reptile cage work? It is fairly big.

You can use anything that gives you good air flow. I generally lay everything out on an old window screen and an aluminum rack from a refrigerator. You can also tie the cut branches to string and let it dry that way.

The main thing is that they have room to breath and not get moldy.

Buds dry more evenly if dried on the stalk. Drying too fast is not good! A good dry should take 10-14 days. If you buck your buds and use a rack as some have suggested you will want your drying area to be 60-65f and 55-60%humidity. if you cant do this, you want to leave some stalk attached.  I have a controlled drying area and do dry in racks, mostly to save time and space.

For best quality dry trimming is best. It is more time consuming and takes more space though. No comprimise on quality and a little faster than a full dry trim would be plucking and drying, then doing a final trim. You would cut plant into branch sections small enough to handle. Pluck all leaves with a stem. Plucking just these leaves will not bruise bud the same as doing a full wet trim. Wet trimming bud bruises the bud slightly damaging suface resin, reducing terpenes. Dry trim will smell better. If done right, you can come close with wet trim though.Then hang them on hangers on a bar or wire/ rope to maximise space. When buds snap off main stem, start your curing process.

Edited by glued gorilla

I like to let the buds get just barely dry to the touch then put them in glass jars. The moisture from inside the bud migrates and the whole bud becomes damp again. Open the jar for a while then seal it back up. Repeat this process until the bud has dried to your satisfaction. This makes the bud evenly dry throughout and gives time for the chlorophyll to degrade. 

15 hours ago, glued gorilla said:

Buds dry more evenly if dried on the stalk. Drying too fast is not good! A good dry should take 10-14 days. If you buck your buds and use a rack as some have suggested you will want your drying area to be 60-65f and 55-60%humidity. if you cant do this, you want to leave some stalk attached.  I have a controlled drying area and do dry in racks, mostly to save time and space.

For best quality dry trimming is best. It is more time consuming and takes more space though. No comprimise on quality and a little faster than a full dry trim would be plucking and drying, then doing a final trim. You would cut plant into branch sections small enough to handle. Pluck all leaves with a stem. Plucking just these leaves will not bruise bud the same as doing a full wet trim. Wet trimming bud bruises the bud slightly damaging suface resin, reducing terpenes. Dry trim will smell better. If done right, you can come close with wet trim though.Then hang them on hangers on a bar or wire/ rope to maximise space. When buds snap off main stem, start your curing process.

I have been clipping the buds off of the stalk for a decade now and always end up with perfectly dried  rock hard buds .

2 hours ago, Kingdiamond said:

I have been clipping the buds off of the stalk for a decade now and always end up with perfectly dried  rock hard buds .

As i said that is how i do it, but more for space and time saving.  I have done both, and a wet trim with a perfect dry can come close. A dry trim will always have an edge on aroma and smoothness though. If you have time and space, and care about every little bit of improvement, dry trim is the way.

Wet trim for the win if you have limited space, and want to get it done a little faster!