Do's and Don'ts for a new caregiver

Kcmack81

So Im basically new to this site and the legals of the medical growing side. So here are my questions (I looked for ways to search posts and faqs but no luck)

1l As a caregiver for 2 patients and myself Im allowed up to 36 plants in various parts of the grow cycle, from seedlings/clones to drying. I have to keep the plants for who segregated, but by what means? Separate rooms? Separate pots with who's plants they are? A box drawn on the floor with each patient's plants in them? What satisfies this rule, if such rules still apply exist?

2) Do I keep a copy or the original medical card of my patients?

3) Can a patient of mine go to a medical dispensary and purchase medical marijuana?  Or are they only allowed to get "medical" marijuana from me? Im assuming they can purchase all the recreational they're allowed? 

Thanks for any answers and or pointing me in the right direction for answers

P.S. Im new to whole caregiver scenario so please excuse my ignorance. Soon I'd like to say I will be available for 3 more patients, but I'm getting my grow cycles down. Im in the West Michigan/ Central Michigan area btw.

12 hours ago, Kcmack81 said:

So Im basically new to this site and the legals of the medical growing side. So here are my questions (I looked for ways to search posts and faqs but no luck)

1l As a caregiver for 2 patients and myself Im allowed up to 36 plants in various parts of the grow cycle, from seedlings/clones to drying. I have to keep the plants for who segregated, but by what means? Separate rooms? Separate pots with who's plants they are? A box drawn on the floor with each patient's plants in them? What satisfies this rule, if such rules still apply exist?

2) Do I keep a copy or the original medical card of my patients?

3) Can a patient of mine go to a medical dispensary and purchase medical marijuana?  Or are they only allowed to get "medical" marijuana from me? Im assuming they can purchase all the recreational they're allowed? 

Thanks for any answers and or pointing me in the right direction for answers

P.S. Im new to whole caregiver scenario so please excuse my ignorance. Soon I'd like to say I will be available for 3 more patients, but I'm getting my grow cycles down. Im in the West Michigan/ Central Michigan area btw.

1) You don't have to separate the plants. You are the plant manager and you decide who gets what from whatever plants. You are in charge.  Just keep them locked so no one else can get to them.

2) Keep copies of the original paperwork.

3) EVERYONE can go to the dispensary and buy what they want. And it's their business what and when they buy it. It's totally separate from what you are doing as a caregiver. As a caregiver you can buy from the dispensary for your patients. A caregiver is the only one who can buy from a dispensary and transfer it to someone else, your patient.

There is a limit to what a patient can buy in any time period. I think it's 10 ounces a month? Not positive on that one. The dispensaries can tell you that. So what you don't know will not hurt you. Don't ask what your patients are buying elsewhere if you don't want/need to know and have to 'curb' them.