possilble strains that reduce the replication of corona

drkushnug

As you know different strains posses different properties.  With the current pandemic wouldn't be amazing if there were some strains to help with the symptoms.  I feel like the answer is there also due to the two articles on the site about cbd helping against covid inoculation and about marijuana strains that have antiviral properties.  I believe the answer can be found with the strains that are resistant to powdery mildew.  Also the technology of plant based vaccines may find awesome results with hemp.

I think that the best way to fight against different diseases is to stay healthy, have a good sleep, eat enough quality food and do not have stresses. If you do this you may not worry about Corona. Aslo, your psychological health is very important becasue during lockdowns we have depressions and stresses and risk to become ill. That's why I use strains to feel better and to forget about what is going on in this world. Just have a realaxation once in a week to think about everything. My own recipe is London Pound Cake. I've started smoking these strains aftr reading https://askgrowers.com/strains/london-pound-cake-strain-review. It gives me a required effect. So stop worrying and keep health. Eveything will be alright. While we are together we are invincible.

7 hours ago, simmonsshorovitz said:

I think that the best way to fight against different diseases is to stay healthy, have a good sleep, eat enough quality food and do not have stresses. If you do this you may not worry about Corona. Aslo, your psychological health is very important becasue during lockdowns we have depressions and stresses and risk to become ill. That's why I use strains to feel better and to forget about what is going on in this world. Just have a realaxation once in a week to think about everything. My own recipe is London Pound Cake. I've started smoking these strains aftr reading https://askgrowers.com/strains/london-pound-cake-strain-review. It gives me a required effect. So stop worrying and keep health. Eveything will be alright. While we are together we are invincible.

That is so wrong. ANYONE, no matter how healthy can come down with Covid 19 and die or worse, live with another diabillitating illness for the rest of your life and suffer the whole way. The stakes are higher than anything else you have ever encountered in your life so treat it that way.

We are together in this but also separate with our own things we do as individuals that make the most difference.

Our new 'job' is to realize that the air we breath can have spores in it that could easily change our lives for the worse for the rest of our lives no matter who you are, what age you are, how healthy you are. If you do your new job every minute of every day it will become second nature and your subconscious will tell you when there's a problem to worry about. This is going to be going on for a long time to come so get used to it. 

Here is a study that would lead one to believe that cannabis, a known anti-inflammatory, could provide the same protection as green tea, muscadine grapes and dark chocolate;

Chemical compounds in foods can inhibit a key SARS-CoV-2 enzyme, study finds

Date:
November 30, 2020
Source:
North Carolina State University
Summary:
Chemical compounds in foods or beverages like green tea, muscadine grapes and dark chocolate can bind to and block the function of a particular enzyme, or protease, in the SARS-CoV-2 virus, according to a new study by plant biologists.
Share:

FULL STORY

Chemical compounds in foods or beverages like green tea, muscadine grapes and dark chocolate can bind to and block the function of a particular enzyme, or protease, in the SARS-CoV-2 virus, according to a new study by plant biologists at North Carolina State University.

Proteases are important to the health and viability of cells and viruses, says De-Yu Xie, professor of plant and microbial biology at NC State and the corresponding author of the study. If proteases are inhibited, cells cannot perform many important functions -- like replication, for example.

"One of our lab's focuses is to find nutraceuticals in food or medicinal plants that inhibit either how a virus attaches to human cells or the propagation of a virus in human cells," Xie said.

In the study, the NC State researchers performed both computer simulations and lab studies showing how the so-called "main protease" (Mpro) in the SARS-CoV-2 virus reacted when confronted with a number of different plant chemical compounds already known for their potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.

"Mpro in SARS-CoV-2 is required for the virus to replicate and assemble itself," Xie said. "If we can inhibit or deactivate this protease, the virus will die."

Computer simulations showed that the studied chemical compounds from green tea, two varieties of muscadine grapes, cacao powder and dark chocolate were able to bind to different portions of Mpro.

"Mpro has a portion that is like a 'pocket' that was 'filled' by the chemical compounds," Xie said. "When this pocket was filled, the protease lost its important function."

In vitro lab experiments completed by Yue Zhu, an NC State Ph.D. student in Xie's lab, showed similar results. The chemical compounds in green tea and muscadine grapes were very successful at inhibiting Mpro's function; chemical compounds in cacao powder and dark chocolate reduced Mpro activity by about half.

"Green tea has five tested chemical compounds that bind to different sites in the pocket on Mpro, essentially overwhelming it to inhibit its function," Xie said. "Muscadine grapes contain these inhibitory chemicals in their skins and seeds. Plants use these compounds to protect themselves, so it is not surprising that plant leaves and skins contain these beneficial compounds."

The paper appears in Frontiers in Plant Science. Zhu is the paper's first author. The research was supported by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

Story Source:

Materials provided by North Carolina State University. Original written by Mick Kulikowski. Note: Content may be edited for style and length.

Journal Reference:

1. Yue Zhu, De-Yu Xie. Docking Characterization and in vitro Inhibitory Activity of Flavan-3-ols and Dimeric Proanthocyanidins Against the Main Protease Activity of SARS-Cov-2. Frontiers in Plant Science, 2020; 11 DOI: 10.3389/fpls.2020.601316

Cite This Page:

North Carolina State University. "Chemical compounds in foods can inhibit a key SARS-CoV-2 enzyme, study finds." ScienceDaily. ScienceDaily, 30 November 2020. <www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/11/201130131445.htm>.

• 1 year later...

If you are growing marijuana like me, you will benefit from buying a UV lamp here Prime Grower as when plants are exposed to UV light, they create natural sunscreen compounds. This is comparable to how people produce melanin and tan when exposed to sunlight. This reaction to exposure to light of a certain wavelength is called photomorphogenesis.

Edited by eyedress