Gelato 33 Grow

Faygo

Day 1 of flower

Room specs : 12 light hps, 5 ton ac single stage unit, 2 GE 50 pint dehumidifier, 2 20 gallon CO2 tanks plugged into a Grozone controller.

Strain: Gelato #33 Verified Breeders cut

Nutrient: Heavy 16 A&B Bloom and Cal-Mag at 1300PPM

Grow Media : Mother earth Coco Perlite

Room environment: Lights at 750 watts, Co2 Levels at 600ppm, humidity 60 to 65%, Temp 77 degrees

20210227_185718(1).jpg

Day 10 of flower

Room specs : 12 light hps, 5 ton ac single stage unit, 2 GE 50 pint dehumidifier, 2 20 gallon CO2 tanks plugged into a Grozone controller.

Nutrient: Heavy 16 A&B Bloom and Cal-Mag at 1300PPM

Room environment: Lights at 750 watts, Co2 Levels at 600ppm, humidity 55 to 60%, Temp 77 degrees

20210307_154826.jpg

You ever supercrop that cut? I have gelato, think its #33, but not sure. It benefits greatly from supercropping at flip. I grow bush style plants, and was only hitting 6oz per plant on that one till i suppercropped once out of necessity. i now do it every time, and hit 10 to 12oz, hit 14 on my last. I do 9 plants, 8 week veg under LED, flower with 2 1000w De. Not best pic, this is my cut though.

KIMG0468.JPG

Food for thought;

Did you know that if your annual cost for power exceeds $10,000 you are automatically audited and investigated?

Many people don't know that and get a few hired engineers over for a visit.

That kind of usage taxes the shared transformers and your local power grid. 

They will change your service over to commercial and inform your local officials about your business. 

1 hour ago, semicaregiver said:

Curious if you ever need to access the plants?  I see two layers of netting that seems to go wall to wall.

SOG you work from the bottom up. When you do your net you scrog the plant under the first row and cut and nodes that won't make it. it takes me a full day with 2 people but once you are done you flip right away into flower. I haven't really did nothing else since.

The only reason you would need to get to your plant is to spray and deal with bugs or mildew. I haven't had that for 8+ years.

6 minutes ago, Faygo said:

SOG you work from the bottom up. When you do your net you scrog the plant under the first row and cut and nodes that won't make it. it takes me a full day with 2 people but once you are done you flip right away into flower. I haven't really did nothing else since.

The only reason you would need to get to your plant is to spray and deal with bugs or mildew. I haven't had that for 8+ years.

With my SOG grows I found that if you trim all in one day the plants stunt a little as compared to trimming gradually over the week before flip.

I got that as a tip from another grower who was checking out my grow. I always have an open mind so I tried it and increased my yield. Give that a try on your next grow and I'll bet you do better. 

There are some really nice LED's out there now. If you have the money you could invest a few thousand and get that back in power savings plus help save the planet by being less wasteful of power with your old style lights. 

I've done LED. I had 12 ThinkGrow and lost 3 to 4 every run. Do the math not worth it at all. I use what works for me not what works for your you. Every garden is different and every light design is made for a purpose. LED did not fit my garden style. I'm 100% sure if i look for another brand of LED like Gavita, Luxx Lighting it will work but I'm not willing to invest 15k to find out. you still need AC to run it don't think for a minute LED produces no heat. The cost savings on the electric bill was 300 a month. I spent 15k to save 300 a month and lose 3 to 4 a harvest.

Edited by Faygo

On 3/9/2021 at 9:58 PM, glued gorilla said:

You ever supercrop that cut? I have gelato, think its #33, but not sure. It benefits greatly from supercropping at flip. I grow bush style plants, and was only hitting 6oz per plant on that one till i suppercropped once out of necessity. i now do it every time, and hit 10 to 12oz, hit 14 on my last. I do 9 plants, 8 week veg under LED, flower with 2 1000w De. Not best pic, this is my cut though.

KIMG0468.JPG

Yes with Gelato#33 you pretty much have to keep her under control or she will get wild. bending topping cropping to get her open as possible. In flower she stretches like crazy. Her yield is a average but if you treat her right her smoke smell taste is second to none. This is the reason so many breeders use her as a mother to cross.

Overall from your picture you did well on your cut! looks very nice.

The cut i have turns 100% dark purple all the leaves also. Her smell is sweet and kushy.

4 hours ago, Faygo said:

I've done LED. I had 12 ThinkGrow and lost 3 to 4 every run. Do the math not worth it at all. I use what works for me not what works for your you. Every garden is different and every light design is made for a purpose. LED did not fit my garden style. I'm 100% sure if i look for another brand of LED like Gavita, Luxx Lighting it will work but I'm not willing to invest 15k to find out. you still need AC to run it don't think for a minute LED produces no heat. The cost savings on the electric bill was 300 a month. I spent 15k to save 300 a month and lose 3 to 4 a harvest.

I hear that. You have to use what works for you. I actually have had better growth with the LEDs. Just wanted to let you know there's plenty of success to be had with LEDs. I was surprised to see such a large retro grow these days. The cutting edge tech right now is solar panels powering LEDs as an independent warehouse grow off the grid. Green green. 

2 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

I hear that. You have to use what works for you. I actually have had better growth with the LEDs. Just wanted to let you know there's plenty of success to be had with LEDs. I was surprised to see such a large retro grow these days. The cutting edge tech right now is solar panels powering LEDs as an independent warehouse grow off the grid. Green green. 

One of these days im going to have a grow building that runs off the sun exclusively also might start using rain barrels for my water for feedings. .

I met with a solar company owner, this guy; Andrew Breiter-Wu - President & Investment Manager - Breiter Planet Properties | LinkedIn, and had the whole solar farm project planned for one of my properties in Bay County.

10 acres of solar panels back behind the road frontage I already sold. 

The township killed the project because my property was zoned residential. 

So if you want to go the solar route make sure you don't go too big or they will not let you do it on residential property. 

I find it amazing what you can't do on your own property. 10 acres of solar panels that no one would even see or hear are not allowed on property that would be perfect for it and an asset to the community it is in. 

Here's a link to some solar cannabis business that Andrew put together;

Cannabis + Solar (breiterplanet.com)

Edited by Restorium2

Day 23 of flower

Nutrient: Heavy 16 A&B Bloom, Big Bud and Cal-Mag at 1450PPM

Room environment: Lights at 750 watts, Co2 Levels at 600ppm, humidity 55 to 60%, Temp 77 to 80 degrees20210315_184329.jpg

On 3/16/2021 at 11:37 PM, Faygo said:

just stop by a buddies house to see his garden. he also is growing the same strain and he is at week 8 and started his flush cycle.

20210316_202801.jpg

Mine is definitely a different cut, guess its still a mystery. Was hoping that if i saw your cut flowered, it would verify what cut i have. Mine has less sativa looking leaves, and slightly smaller buds. Doesn't matter to me which one it is, as it is very good, but still nice to know what ya got😂

2 hours ago, glued gorilla said:

Just curious, do you run the Co2 that low for a reason? I usually run and see others run closer to 12-1500ppm

I've done it at 600 to 1200ppm makes no changes in quality or quantity. To even use 900+ppm your room has to be sooo dial in at 83 to 85 degrees for it to even use it all up. I like to stay in the safe range of 77 to 80 degrees. The only true difference is how much the regular turns on and off. Plants will take what it needs once it dips down to 600 it pumps it back to 700. When the lights goes off the plants give off Co2 at night but that is the time you want more oxygen inside the room then Co2.

Another thing is what type of Co2 is being used. Propane, Gas or Bottle. Propane and Gas you need to burn at 1200ppm to get 600 to 700ppms of pure Co2. When you burn gas or propane you are also burning Sulfer,Nitrogen Dioxide,VOCs,Hydrocarbons,Carbon Monoxide. Some of it is poisonous to the plant.

So there is your answer the bottle gives you better Co2.

Edited by Faygo
more info

1 hour ago, Faygo said:

Love my options! Apple Fritter, Wedding Cake, Oreos, MSG, Now and Laters, Lemon Meringue

20210327_050318.jpg

Crazy how food oriented these names are. No wonder we are a bunch of fatties Mc fats. 

Back in the day when we smoked it was about smoking, not eating. 

Now it's a flash back to when I was 10 years old flipping Now and Laters at school.

It also reminds me of the cigarette industry trying to pull in people with attractive commercials to lure people into addiction.

Marijuana isn't like cigarettes however I find it a little 'off' to go down that path. 

I'll stick with Kush and Diesel. They don't make me feel silly or embarrassed when I say I grow Now and Laters and Oreo Cookies, lol. I would change those names if I picked them. Cool Breeze and Headknocker they would become when they pass muster. 

I fully understand where you are coming from. SFVOG, Bubba Kush and Sour Diesel still in my top 5 and i have a small room i grow for my own personal but the industry has change it is more of what they hear in rap videos and what ever is promoted in Cali and mainstream. These strains are great but the name is promotion and advertising. But yeah i get where you are coming from.