Bangor Township Rakes In Quarter Million In Marijuana Taxes From Dispensaries

Restorium2

Recreational weed bringing in extra money for mid-Michigan communities

marijuana.jpg
Source: Flint Police Department

•  

"We have collected $280,013.20,” Bangor Township Supervisor Glenn Rowley said.

That amount is what Bangor Township has received from marijuana taxes since Jan. 1, 2020. Rowley said ideas on how to spend the cash are being passed around.

"Roads, that's kind of a big one,” Rowley said. “Some other things is water and sewer projects. We have a fire department that is just fabulous, but we have buildings that are falling apart. We have fire trucks that need to be replaced. Something that we need to take a look at, economic development. Although it may not be as flashy as new roads or new pipes or sewers, something we should take a look at."

See More

Rowley points out there is no deadline to make a decision on how the money will be used. Rowley is expecting to see even more revenue from marijuana sales in the years to come.

In the meantime, Rowley said the township board will gather input from residents on what to do with the surplus so that every cent counts.

"This is not the time to act like a 10-year-old at Christmas with a gift card. So we're going to think long and hard about how we're going to spend this and make sure it's the best use of the money," he said.

Experts say the business of legal pot is also spreading rapidly nationwide, seeing strong growth and it could even breach the $20-billion mark in 2021.

• 2 months later...

Great news, actually. If the funds received will indeed be allocated appropriately to address the primary problems, I'll move to Michigan. It's nice when the leadership takes care of the welfare of the people. More often than not. I grow marijuana myself. I'll be glad if the tax that is charged from me goes to someone's benefit. We all want to be happy and make others happy. If you approach the issue correctly, you can easily avoid unnecessary problems, in my opinion. After the legalization of marijuana, it only got better. If you also want to smoke, do not take it from incomprehensible people. It is better to grow it yourself. Good seeds are not hard to find https://tasteofwaves.com/?s=FEMS&post_type=product.

Edited by Setsukograb

8 hours ago, Setsukograb said:

Great news, actually. If the funds received will indeed be allocated appropriately to address the primary problems, I'll move to Michigan. It's nice when the leadership takes care of the welfare of the people. More often than not. I grow marijuana myself. I'll be glad if the tax that is charged from me goes to someone's benefit. We all want to be happy and make others happy. If you approach the issue correctly, you can easily avoid unnecessary problems, in my opinion. After the legalization of marijuana, it only got better. If you also want to smoke, do not take it from incomprehensible people. It is better to grow it yourself. Good seeds are not hard to find https://tasteofwaves.com/?s=FEMS&post_type=product.

The funds have been pledged to help with the flooding in the township. Our township supervisor is very practical and he lives on the river.