Dispensary security question.

Miller5862

So for a armed security guard to not break any laws at a dispensary how much can he handle personally? ID, Medical card, Money, Product? I am told security can handle id's by just about everyone. Just about everyone says they can't handle product. But money is where a lot go one way a lot go another way. I'd like to know what they can handle without worry of state or federal repercussions while armed. I've tried searching this and I cannot find it.

Responsibilities:

• Monitor premises to prevent theft, violence, or infractions of rules
  • Thoroughly examine doors, windows, and gates to ensure proper function and security
  • Warn violators of premise rules and regulations
  • Apprehend or expel persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts
  • Report any facility issues such as fire hazards and leaking water pipes
  • Request emergency personnel for high risk situations

54 minutes ago, Miller5862 said:

Yah but the question was asking about what can they handle. Can they collect ID cards and money or just ID cards. can they handle everything? I mean what are the specific rules cause you rambled on security at anywheres job lol..

I gave you the list of what they do. No where on that list does it say they handle anything but security. No product, no money, no cards, just security. Have you ever been to a dispensary? The security guard isn't the person who interacts with customers. They step in to help when asked. They are excluded from handling marijuana. They just stand there and watch for problems. 

15 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

I gave you the list of what they do. No where on that list does it say they handle anything but security. No product, no money, no cards, just security. Have you ever been to a dispensary? The security guard isn't the person who interacts with customers. They step in to help when asked. They are excluded from handling marijuana. They just stand there and watch for problems. 

I've worked dispensary security for a year. Have you ever worked it is the question? If you had you'd know security does help out but knowing where the line is with federal rules is blurry to all. The fact you can't answer the question shows you don't know yourself. I currently work at 9 different dispensaries.. all have security act in a different way which is fine. The question may need to be ask to the local DEA branch office.. because it's obvious I won't get a legit answer here. Mr googled security and think that's all locations... I legit deal with water lighting and electricity at a grow op during the night shift if I gave them your list of duties they'd end the contract lol. Your response was naive and uneducated. You lacked comprehension. If you can't answer the question don't answer at all. I did not ask what the general job of security was anywhere.

9 minutes ago, Miller5862 said:

I've worked dispensary security for a year. Have you ever worked it is the question? If you had you'd know security does help out but knowing where the line is with federal rules is blurry to all. The fact you can't answer the question shows you don't know yourself. I currently work at 9 different dispensaries.. all have security act in a different way which is fine. The question may need to be ask to the local DEA branch office.. because it's obvious I won't get a legit answer here. Mr googled security and think that's all locations... I legit deal with water lighting and electricity at a grow op during the night shift if I gave them your list of duties they'd end the contract lol. Your response was naive and uneducated. You lacked comprehension. If you can't answer the question don't answer at all. I did not ask what the general job of security was anywhere.

What I gave you is what it says on an actual employment application with the job description.

It's a form letter they all use.

So use your head and realize that's what the official job duties are.

It's not doing you any good to argue with the facts here.

You received exactly the information you asked for whether you can bring yourself to understand that or not. 

No, they don't handle cards, money, or marijuana, period. 

If they were doing that it wouldn't be part of that job, it would be doing someone else's job.

Next time you need to know what a job entails ask the employer

21 minutes ago, Miller5862 said:

Seems to me you are doing more and having more responsibility then you should for the $14 an hour.

Of course an employer will take advantage of an employee that is a little dim witted/watted. lol

Remind your boss that you are a security guard not a horticulturist. 

Next time you get a job as a security guard make sure you get in writing what your job is so you don't have to grasp at straws like you are now. 

23 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

It would be your job to tell them about outages and leaks for sure. 

You'd be let go of. You sound fat and lazy. The reason that's on all job postings is because security companies deal with more than one contract. Duties will vary but those don't. Please quit spamming this you couldn't answer the question. Also please don't tell me my job it's obvious you don't know it. The guards who make 14 an hour probably have a cushy gig I make 1800 a week wear body armor with cam and have a long rifle. Don't assume all security is alike. Imagine if I asked about maritime security and you gave those general duties to deal with pirate around the cape lol. The question was specific for a reason. Now stop acting butthurt.

20 minutes ago, Miller5862 said:

You'd be let go of. You sound fat and lazy. The reason that's on all job postings is because security companies deal with more than one contract. Duties will vary but those don't. Please quit spamming this you couldn't answer the question. Also please don't tell me my job it's obvious you don't know it. The guards who make 14 an hour probably have a cushy gig I make 1800 a week wear body armor with cam and have a long rifle. Don't assume all security is alike. Imagine if I asked about maritime security and you gave those general duties to deal with pirate around the cape lol. The question was specific for a reason. Now stop acting butthurt.

The job application forms for marijuana dispensary security guards are very clear troll.

The question you asked was answered clearly and concisely. 

Move along now.

Thanks.

Cannabis Security Officer

SAVE

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTsvSg36P507S5k2EJSVA
P4 Security Solutions LLC
Lansing, MI

Over 1 month agoFull-time
Job Description We are seeking a Cannabis Security Officer to become an integral part of our team. The selected individual will patrol and secure assigned premises as well as identify risks to staff and patrons. Responsibilities: • Monitor premises to prevent theft, violence, or infractions of rules • Thoroughly examine doors, windows, and gates to ensure proper function and security • Warn violators of premise rules and regulations • Apprehend or expel persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts • Report any facility issues such as fire hazards and leaking water pipes • Request emergency personnel for high risk situations Qualifications: • Previous experience in security, law enforcement, or other related fields • Familiarity with security equipment • Ability to handle physical workload • Strong attention to detail

18 hours ago, Miller5862 said:

I don't work at p4 nore have I heard of it. The question as I said was answered. Not by you.

I really do understand your bad attitude. With you being a cop like person. Watching all those beautiful plants growing. The smells. Watching all those people being happy. And you can't even touch a single bud because of your constant drug testing. Try to stay positive because being so negative will eat you alive. Steroids only makes it worse.