16 minutes ago, Mrniceguy00 said:

https://www.michigan.gov/documents/treasury/RAB_2018-2_Marihuana_611377_7.pdf

“The MMMA does not authorize a caregiver to deliver marihuana to anyone other than a qualifying patient.20 However, some caregivers have been delivering marihuana to persons other than qualifying patients, including but not limited to unlicensed dispensaries.21 In addition, on December 7, 2018, the Medical Marihuana Licensing

Board approved LARA’s recommendation permitting caregivers to provide marihuana to provisioning centers licensed under the MMFLA22 without negative licensure impact.

Sales of marihuana by a caregiver to anyone other than a patient are subject to sales tax. If a caregiver makes a retail sale of marihuana it must register with the Department of Treasury (Treasury) and remit tax and file all required returns. If a caregiver makes only wholesale sales, it is not required to register with Treasury; however, it must obtain proper resale claims of exemption from its purchasers and maintain proper records of its exempt sales.”

Hello, I know there’s been some old debates on the site in the past about taxes. However there have been new updates since then with the treasury in 2019. I was reading up on the state of michigan department of treasury and had some questions. When they say “However, some caregivers have been delivering marihuana to persons other than qualifying patients, including but not limited to unlicensed dispensaries.” & Sales of marihuana by a caregiver to anyone other than a patient are subject to sales tax.” Does that mean it’s ok to pay taxes or not ok to pay taxes for caregivers? If this is ok does anybody have a good recommended marijuana cpa? Thanks 

If your patients got your social security number and they are reporting what they paid you to the IRS then you need to declare it.  Simple as that. Just like if you cut your neighbor's grass for money. If they report it then you declare it. 

43 minutes ago, Mrniceguy00 said:

“Sales of marihuana by a caregiver to anyone other than a patient are subject to sales tax”

However, some caregivers have been delivering marihuana to persons other than qualifying patients, including but not limited to unlicensed dispensaries

Apparently doesn’t even have to be a patient? Are you reading that like I am or am I too high lol?

Who does that? It's illegal. And then you are going to pay sales tax by admitting illegal sales?

If you are going to sell marijuana like that then you had better keep it real quiet.