Village ordnance

dotinthebox

My little village has passed an ord. They want to charge caregivers 500.00 to grow. But not rec growers. And they want to make you get your grow inspected by the police fire electric and 2 other people. But not the rec growers or the people growing in the country. If you want a photo of this ord I will get it. But I think I need an attorney to kick this village butt. What laws do I follow the state or the one the locals made up?

4 hours ago, semicaregiver said:

I have not seen much discussion on here regarding the three current bills (HB 5300, 5301 and 5302) aimed at virtually eliminating the caregiver system.  Apparently there is a second hearing next week in Lansing on the bills.  Is everyone convinced that they can not get a 75% vote on them?

The consensus is that they will pass. 

16 minutes ago, dotinthebox said:

I believe they are going to get rid of the caregivers by charging them crazy fees and inspection. Then once the state cards are gone. Everyone will be fair game.

You are correct, I've seen townships harass medical growers for years now. 

You need to hide under the cover of a rec grow. 

A rec grow is better anyway because you can legally have all you grew on those plants. 

I can grow 50 pounds on 12 cannabis trees. 

Watching the hearing in Lansing the other day was brutal.   They admitted that they had no patient or caregiver input on the bills, then scheduled a hearing with just three days notice.   If that was not bad enough they scheduled 1 and 3/4 hours for the hearing and allowed Big Marijuana one hour and 20 minutes and caregivers 20 minutes.  If you have not seen it, you can watch it at...

https://www.house.mi.gov/SharedVideo/PlayVideoArchive.html?video=REGU-100521.mp4&fbclid=IwAR2xIFbafHAPQ7wkxKajYhzN5pbtRDiOqdrT9rHIh3xWvLaZVU3bHuNoc60g  

The worst part is there does not seem to be any organized opposition.  There was a rally and a few patients spoke, but the key will be a serious organized lobbying effort focusing on identifying the 25%+ that will be needed to keep the bills from passing.  All I see at this point are people offering lists so you can call your state rep and senator.

1 hour ago, Restorium2 said:

You are correct, I've seen townships harass medical growers for years now. 

You need to hide under the cover of a rec grow. 

A rec grow is better anyway because you can legally have all you grew on those plants. 

I can grow 50 pounds on 12 cannabis trees. 

Having been a caregiver since day 1 I have not paid much attention to the rec rules.   Are townships allowed to add their own rules and zoning restrictions?  Seemed to me that the rules regarding securing the grow were less onerous as well.  I remember all the nonsense on medical with having a roof over the top.  And then folks were adding setback requirements from property lines and such.

7 hours ago, dotinthebox said:

That's just it. How will they know unless they check every grow.  How can they get away with this. Just targeting license caregivers. Are they going to search every house for indoor grows? 

Never let them know you have more than 12. Looks like you are going to have to get used to that when the bills pass anyway. If you get caught over it's just a fine. If you say you had a rec grow you can have all that you grew. We have to adapt. Some things got a lot better and some things didn't. 

12 hours ago, semicaregiver said:

Having been a caregiver since day 1 I have not paid much attention to the rec rules.   Are townships allowed to add their own rules and zoning restrictions?  Seemed to me that the rules regarding securing the grow were less onerous as well.  I remember all the nonsense on medical with having a roof over the top.  And then folks were adding setback requirements from property lines and such.

It depends on the township.

For example; Carrolton Township is snooping all around with their public minions to find grows they can extort money from.

On the other hand; Bangor Township addresses problems with grows when they find them. 

Both are operating within their rules. One being fair and the other hatin' on anyone growing the devil weed. 

It's all about 'devaluing' a group. The smaller group now is caregivers and bullies like small groups to pick on. 

If you confront the bullies on this they will present you with a long story about how bad caregivers are to justify their special treatment. 

The legislature takes bribes. No real caregiver can put up bribes like big business can. It's like a war with one side with pea shooters and the other with shotguns. 

I guess the best part is that big business is bribing out some more market share where there is none to be had.

The study they paid for saying caregivers where stealing their market share was wrong. 

Things are not like they used to be and the cannabis commercial landscape is constantly changing. 

12 hours ago, dotinthebox said:

That's just it. How will they know unless they check every grow.  How can they get away with this. Just targeting license caregivers. Are they going to search every house for indoor grows? 

They would need warrants to check anyone's house without permission. On what basis would they obtain these warrants?

"The officer has a hunch that there may be a marihuana growing operation at the address. There is a further possibility that the grow operation may be medical and not recreational."

I don't think many judges will grant the request without anything better to go on.

2 hours ago, Wild Bill said:

They would need warrants to check anyone's house without permission. On what basis would they obtain these warrants?

"The officer has a hunch that there may be a marihuana growing operation at the address. There is a further possibility that the grow operation may be medical and not recreational."

I don't think many judges will grant the request without anything better to go on.

Thats what I was saying. There are so many things wrong in this ord. They are going to get another lawsuit.

6 hours ago, Restorium2 said:

Never let them know you have more than 12. Looks like you are going to have to get used to that when the bills pass anyway. If you get caught over it's just a fine. If you say you had a rec grow you can have all that you grew. We have to adapt. Some things got a lot better and some things didn't. 

I never go over 8 so I'm good there. I just don't like that they are forcing me to give up my card

4 hours ago, Wild Bill said:

What they do if they think you are growing is say they need to upgrade the software on your water meter in your basement. I watched them do this and the guy opens his laptop near the meter and acted like he upgraded it. Total farce. I had moved the plants out just days before that. If they would have seen the plants then comes the inspections and paying for permits. 

40 minutes ago, Restorium2 said:

What they do if they think you are growing is say they need to upgrade the software on your water meter in your basement. I watched them do this and the guy opens his laptop near the meter and acted like he upgraded it. Total farce. I had moved the plants out just days before that. If they would have seen the plants then comes the inspections and paying for permits. 

Nice! Good to know.