Skunk

Wild Bill

On 10/23/2021 at 5:06 PM, blackhorse said:

Yesterday I was talking about getting a super skunk or skunk #1 to run out. What seed banks have you tried? Let us know if you find the stinky strain.

I'm currently running Canuk Skunk #1 Fem. It's actually a pretty good strain but it doesn't have any skunk characteristics. I've also tried Dutch Passion which had a slight odor but not real pronounced. I don't remember what the first one was, I think it was a freebee from somebody.

The explanation in the video makes sense. Back in the late 80's I knew a grower that was breeding a skunk strain. It knocked you out like you were smoking Quaaludes and eventually he had a strain that was actually unpleasant to be around. Putting your nose in the bag was like sticking your nose in a skunks butt.

The search continues.

Roadkill Skunk is what we always wanted back in the day. 

These days that strain is sullied down with crosses like bigbud for production, feminized, autoed, or all three.

That's why I will not grow a 'modern' strain.  They all are weak compared to what we had. 

I have bought a gazillion seeds from banks and they are always weak strains. 

Seems like they call/name them whatever they feel like and most folks eat them right up like they are so good. 

On 10/27/2021 at 11:34 AM, Restorium2 said:

Seems like they call/name them whatever they feel like and most folks eat them right up like they are so good.

Things are looking like the seed banks are a study in mediocrity. I don't think I've run across really great for a while. I can envision a future with only a few strains available from commercial sites. They may have different names but essentially the slight variations on the same strains.