What's the latest on transferring meds at no cost to another person?

I'm a CG and recently lost three heavy-use patients.  As their use increased, I expanded my grow to accommodate their needs. When they left, I was left with way to much flower and am severely over the limit for inventory.  What I'd like to do rather than destroy it is to give it away.  If I understand the law correctly, I can "gift" up to 2.5oz to any person 21+ without compensation.  Does placing an add on social media constitute "advertising" or "promotion"ing which conflicts with the law? Any case law on this? Other things to consider?  Thx.

You could always offer your overages to patients here on the forum. Everything can be done as a private message and you might be helping someone who is spending all of their money on medical bills and can't afford dispensary prices. You might even pick up some new patients.

Rest2, this is from public act 91, p4.

"This subsection applies only if the primary caregiver possesses marihuana in forms and amounts that do not exceed any of the following:
(1) For each qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process, a combined total of 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana and usable marihuana equivalents."

I read this to mean that I can only carry (in inventory) 2.5 Oz per patient.  Five patients plus myself would be 15oz total in inventory.

Has this changed?

50 minutes ago, medmanmike said:

Rest2, this is from public act 91, p4.

"This subsection applies only if the primary caregiver possesses marihuana in forms and amounts that do not exceed any of the following:
(1) For each qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process, a combined total of 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana and usable marihuana equivalents."

I read this to mean that I can only carry (in inventory) 2.5 Oz per patient.  Five patients plus myself would be 15oz total in inventory.

Has this changed?

No.

Everyone can have a surplus since legalization. You can talk yourself right into being illegal if you want to. But didn't you grow a pile of recreational last year or the year before?

No, I’ve only been medical. 

I admit I’ve been out of the loop (conversations, discussions around the law) but when I look at the law I see this:

"

Adult-Use Possession and Cultivation Limits

• Adults who are 21 or older may:

• possess, use, purchase, or give away (to other adults) up to 2.5 ounces of marijuana;
  • within a residence, grow up to 12 marijuana plants and/or possess up to 10 ounces of marijuana (provided that any amount greater than 2.5 ounces is stored under lock and key);
  • possess up to 10 ounces at one’s primary residence (provided that any amount greater than 2.5 ounces is stored under lock and key); and
  • possess, manufacture, or purchase marijuana paraphernalia or accessories, or sell them to other adults.

So, what am I missing? Has there been modifications (to the law) I’m not aware of? I can not find anything that alludes to There is no limit on your 12 recreational plants. You get to legally keep it all in your home. Pounds!

Edited by medmanmike

21 hours ago, medmanmike said:

Wild Bill, private message who?  Everyone?  Or, do I post on a forum and then following with interested individuals per PM? Obviously, I don’t understand how to go about getting the message out. 

Post to one of the forums saying you are a caregiver who has too much product and if there are any patients who may need it they can contact you by PM.

Or you could burn it. Weed Stoned Stock Illustrations – 133 Weed Stoned Stock Illustrations,  Vectors & Clipart - Dreamstime

Edited by Wild Bill

6 minutes ago, Wild Bill said:

Post to one of the forums saying you are a caregiver who has too much product and if there are any patients who may need it they can contact you by PM.

Or you could burn it. Weed Stoned Stock Illustrations – 133 Weed Stoned Stock Illustrations,  Vectors & Clipart - Dreamstime

Join the club! Who doesn't have too much product? The trick is finding someone who doesn't just want to steal it or bust you for selling it. 

On 10/27/2021 at 4:23 PM, Restorium2 said:
Can I grow my own? By law, people can grow up to 12 marijuana plants per household, and if you grow your own, there's no limit to how much marijuana you can possess.

Published;

Thanks for the ref.  Much appreciated.

11 hours ago, blackhorse said:

I'm not finding this info in bold. I see up to 10 ounces.

Can you guide me in right direction.

Thanks

Section 333.27955

MICHIGAN REGULATION AND TAXATION OF MARIHUANA ACT (EXCERPT)
Initiated Law 1 of 2018

333.27955 Lawful activities by person 21 years of age or older; terms, conditions, limitations, and restrictions; denial of custody or visitation prohibited.

Sec. 5.

1. Notwithstanding any other law or provision of this act, and except as otherwise provided in section 4 of this act, the following acts by a person 21 years of age or older are not unlawful, are not an offense, are not grounds for seizing or forfeiting property, are not grounds for arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, are not grounds for search or inspection, and are not grounds to deny any other right or privilege:
  (a) except as permitted by subdivision (b), possessing, using or consuming, internally possessing, purchasing, transporting, or processing 2.5 ounces or less of marihuana, except that not more than 15 grams of marihuana may be in the form of marihuana concentrate;
  (b) within the person's residence, possessing, storing, and processing not more than 10 ounces of marihuana and any marihuana produced by marihuana plants cultivated on the premises and cultivating not more than 12 marihuana plants for personal use, provided that no more than 12 marihuana plants are possessed, cultivated, or processed on the premises at once

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, mishigami bear said:

Back in the medical only days, there was a requirement that outdoor cannabis be covered on all sides, including over the top. Is this still required under current law?

I have 2 1/2 acres, much of it not visible from the road. Can I grow uncovered outdoors now?

The voter-initiated statute specifies that plants can be grown as long as they are not visible “from a public place without the use of binoculars, aircraft, or other optical aids or outside of an enclosed area equipped with locks or other functioning security devices that restrict access to the area.”

• 2 years later...

It's tough when your inventory doesn't match the demand. As for giving away the excess, I'd be a bit careful with social media ads. Technically, it might be seen as promotion, but laws can be tricky. Maybe check with a local expert or lawyer to be on the safe side.