Outdoor Grow

blackhorse

Seems like the soil for outdoor garden isn't good for plants.

The plants didn't look as good this year.

Planted one plant in a 10 gallon pot and it looked better than plants directly in soil.

I'm thinking of removing the soil for a 3' diameter area, maybe a foot deep and fill back in with top soil.

Or get the felt pots that are 50 gallon and set on top of ground. Filling these pots with Ocean Forest will cost a fortune though.

Using the felt pots will limit height, maybe to 8'. This shouldn't be a problem as I can crop the plants.

What do you think would be best route for better soil?

Just looking for opinions for next year.

36 minutes ago, blackhorse said:

Seems like the soil for outdoor garden isn't good for plants.

The plants didn't look as good this year.

Planted one plant in a 10 gallon pot and it looked better than plants directly in soil.

I'm thinking of removing the soil for a 3' diameter area, maybe a foot deep and fill back in with top soil.

Or get the felt pots that are 50 gallon and set on top of ground. Filling these pots with Ocean Forest will cost a fortune though.

Using the felt pots will limit height, maybe to 8'. This shouldn't be a problem as I can crop the plants.

What do you think would be best route for better soil?

Just looking for opinions for next year.

Ocean Forest has nutes in it.

If you would have used plain pro mix you would be used to a more inert soil.

The soil in your garden has become inert which is fine.

You just have to provide everything your plants need. 

In my opinion it's better to avoid any soil with nutes in it so you can be in total control of the nutes. 

The only other problem would be that your garden soil packs too hard or doesn't hold enough moisture. You can fix that with stuff like perlite. 

After a month in garden, the leaves started turning yellow. Plant that was in pot was nice and green and healthy.

I assumed from this that the soil was not good. Started giving nutrients every other day and it helped some.

Soil is moist as we live close the standing water. When dug down, first 3" was top soil, next 3" was clay, and the a dark sand.

Not sure if I change the soil a foot down will help.

Or use pots on top of ground and not need to worry about the soil.

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, blackhorse said:

Plan for this year is to take out a foot of the soil and replace with a load of top soil. Also will build a 3’ diameter box x 6” high on top of ground and fill with top soil. When ready to plant, will use some pro mix around plant. Any suggestions?

It's all about the topsoil you get. No dairy doo or horseshit. Something mellow. Then add nutes as your plants start growing good. That way you control what is going on. 

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, rambozo420 said:

So if someone was giving away free food and during the wait process for it to cook free weed was provided to those 21 and over they would have to partake In a cage.lol but hemp just requires a sign dope plants as far as the eye can see

From the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development: Any product derived from industrial hemp with a THC concentration above 0.3% is classified as marijuana and regulated under the laws that apply to those products through the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.

On 4/22/2022 at 4:45 PM, Restorium2 said:

You don't need a lid until johnny law comes over and says you do. 

Many factors determine whether a grow is secure or not. 

Well I have a locked secured 6 foot pvc fence around my back yard nobody can see in my back yard my plan is to put 4  plants in  20 gallon pots and just put them in a shed at night to protect them from  getting snatched by rippers come harvest time.

11 hours ago, Kingdiamond said:

Well I have a locked secured 6 foot pvc fence around my back yard nobody can see in my back yard my plan is to put 4  plants in  20 gallon pots and just put them in a shed at night to protect them from  getting snatched by rippers come harvest time.

If you are going to put them in a shed at night then you can control when they bud.