Michigan lab in court after marijuana recall

dwkl

A marijuana lab licensed in Michigan is suing the Marijuana Regulatory Agency (MRA) over a recall that impacted nearly $230 million worth and 64,000 pounds of marijuana products in the state.

Michigan Court of Claims Judge Christopher M. Murray on Monday appeared to scold the MRA for its lack of clear communication about the matter.

Issued on Nov. 17, the recall involved more than 400 retail shops, and their customers, were impacted in some way.

Viridis Laboratories, which operates two separately licensed labs one being in Bay City and another in Lansing claim the recall is politically motivated. Because Viridis is so successful, handling up to 70% of all marijuana testing in the state, the MRA wants to “level the playing field,” according to the Viridis lawsuit filed in the Michigan Court of Claims on Nov. 22. The lawsuit also alleged the recall may be retribution for a formal administrative complaint Viridis filed Oct. 25 against the MRA, in part, for questions Viridis faced over its testing methods that regularly produce THC potency results in excess of 30%.

Cannabis with higher potency generally fetches higher prices from retail customers.

Viridis founders include three former Michigan State Police Forensic Division employees: Greg Michaud, Todd Welch and Michele Glinn.

Read More Here at MLive

Viridis Laboratories, LLC v Michigan Marijuana Regulatory Agency

Day 1 of Court (Start Time 38:00)

Court of Claims December 1, 2021

Day 2 of Court (Start Time 35:00)

Court of Claims December 2, 2021

Other News Sources

Labs sue Michigan regulator over marijuana recall – Detroit …https://www.freep.com › money › business › 2021/11/24
Nov 24, 2021 — Viridis labs claim the recall was motivated ‘by what appears to be the whims and political objectives’ of the Michigan Marijuana Regulatory …

Marijuana Testing Lab Sues Michigan Over Major Product …https://www.insurancejournal.com › news › 2021/11/29
3 days ago — Viridis Laboratories, with operations in Lansing and Bay City, said the “unjustified” recall last week caused an estimated $229 million …

Michigan lab fights back in court after becoming target of $230 …https://www.mlive.com › public-interest › 2021/12 › mich…
12 hours ago — Viridis Laboratories, which operates two separately licensed labs under similar ownership — one in Bay City and another in Lansing — claims the recall is …

Google Search

The post Michigan lab in court after marijuana recall appeared first on Michigan Medical Marijuana.

View the full article

Michigan Court of Claims Judge Christopher M. Murray on Monday appeared to scold the MRA for its lack of clear communication about the matter.

Darn right, they are being vague without many important details.

Viridis Laboratories, which operates two separately licensed labs one being in Bay City and another in Lansing claim the recall is politically motivated. 

Oh sure, which party is the culprit?

The lawsuit also alleged the recall may be retribution for a formal administrative complaint Viridis filed Oct. 25 against the MRA, in part, for questions Viridis faced over its testing methods that regularly produce THC potency results in excess of 30%.

Right, proven liars already.

Viridis founders include three former Michigan State Police Forensic Division employees: Greg Michaud, Todd Welch and Michele Glinn.

Looks like this is the bottom line. Cheating and lying, then when someone catches them they cry to the high heavens about anything and everything to shift the blame. 

What I want to know is EXACTLY how they got caught. 

Sounds to me like a dirty test was deliberately hidden. 

How else? Speak up. Spit it out. Continued obfuscation only makes people think the worst.

I envision a really dirty lab in more ways than one. 

A system fraught with crookedness on all sides that doesn't serve patients at all. 

As Resto alludes there seems to be an underlying part of the story that no one is talking about in print.  

The magnitude of the potential liability, $220 million, suggests that there had to be a lot of meetings and up the chain of command sign offs, perhaps even to the governor's office, before a government agency would issue such a recall.  Mix the $ level in with the fact that Viridis is owned and run by the former management of the MSP lab and the story just screams that there are missing details to how and why this all evolved.  

I think we have all read and heard all the rumors and suggestions relating to the the background.  Stories of pay of play THC measurements and whatnot, but we are not hearing any of this from the MRA.   It will be interesting as to how this all plays out.   

Round 1 seems to have gone to the MRA, and now Round 2 seems to have gone to Viridis as they won in court to get the recall related to Viridis North testing lifted.  Get the popcorn, this is a soap opera that may play out over several rounds.  On the plus side it is great stuff for refuting the stupid proposed rules regarding caregiver product testing.  

What this situation tells me is that testing cannabis is not a sustainable practice when people/patients can do just fine without any testing at all. 

The main reason to even have a 'pot store', from a patient perspective, has been shot down in flames. 

With a science background I know that having a zero tolerance for mold is not workable. 

The rules would have to be changed to accommodate reality, not the false reality we have been spoon fed. 

Whoever wrote the Michigan testing rules was playing a cruel joke on the commercial producers. 

If I would have had a horse in that race I surely would have caught the problem during legislation.

The lobbyists for the commercial producers must be really lazy and dumb.

I mean it's pretty basic stuff to read and compare rules to other states.