Weed dealers don’t put fentanyl in cannabis

dwkl

A news story published by WCAX Nov. 21 said that Brattleboro police are warning Vermonters that “fentanyl-laced marijuana” has been found in our region, and that it caused one person to overdose Saturday. The next day, similar reports were published by the Brattleboro Reformer and MyNBC5.

I felt an immediate need to address this headline, its potential consequences on public health and its negative impact on cannabis legalization.

Fentanyl is far more expensive per gram than cannabis — and a grower gains nothing by killing their customers.

The truth is, fentanyl-laced weed is a myth and a frequent scare tactic used by law enforcement. Fentanyl is far more expensive per gram than cannabis — and a grower gains nothing by killing their customers. It’s just bad business, don’t you think?

Buzzfeed called the fentanyl-laced cannabis myth “the hardiest urban legend of the U.S. overdose crisis,” a well-deserved title for a fallacy routinely perpetuated by state and federal officials, shared constantly by law enforcement and amplified regularly via local news.

This myth has been debunked on Snopes and addressed by a number of larger news and advocacy organizations, including High TimesForbes and Filter Mag.

In the case of this local news story published Nov. 21, the patient told police they “hadn’t taken any opiates, only smoked marijuana,” a claim that sounds dubious at best. The police claim that the pot tested positive for fentanyl, but a great deal more context and information is needed to verify that fentanyl was intentionally added to a batch of cannabis before it was distributed to buyers.

While we’re endlessly grateful to WCAX for its coverage of the Vet’s Day Cannabis Giveaway, we also want to encourage all local media outlets to at the very least provide some context when republishing a scare-tactic bulletin from local police.

This careless approach contributes to misinformation about cannabis and sets back our efforts to educate the general public, who may not have as much understanding about the complexities and nuances of the relationships between law enforcement, the war on drugs and the consequences for Vermonters.

Need an Attorney? Komorn Law – One of The Best Legal Defense Teams You Can Hire in Michigan – DUI – OUI – Drugs – Criminal Allegations

The Michigan Medical Marijuana Association (MMMA)
Public forums for guests and members of the Michigan Medical Marijuana Association
This is an open forum related to a variety of topics from legal issues to growing for medical use to strains and more.

LEGAL ADVISORY – Rules, Regulations and laws may have changed after this information was posted. It is up to the reader to research and determine the current status of those items. It is always best to consult an attorney that has experience and is focused on the cannabis industry. One of the most well known law firms in the industry for over 25 years is Komorn Law

Other Posts

Tags

2019 2020 2021 Adult Recreational Use Adult Use breathalyzer cannabis Caregivers coronavirus Corona Virus Covid 19 datamaster Detroit drugged driving DUI Education Event Governor Whitmer Hemp LARA LARA-BMR Laws legalization Marijuana medical marijuana michigan Michigan Legislature Michigan News MMFLA MMMA MRA MSP News pandemic 2020 patient-caregiver Patients Recall Recreational regulations Release smell taxes USA USA News world news

The post Weed dealers don’t put fentanyl in cannabis appeared first on Michigan Medical Marijuana.

View the full article

• 11 months later...

I think they just really need more testing. I like marijuana for medical purposes; I have a bit of CBD gummies or oils to have better sleep. I also like food supplements to stay healthy and fulfilled. I don't understand people who are scared to take anything new. I buy sarms to strengthen my bones and gain muscular weight quicker, and I started noticing the progress lately. My job doesn't allow me to attend the gym every day, but try to go there at least 2 times a week. My coach says it's not enough for an aim I want t achieve, but he's also surprised by my intensity and persistence. Hope I'll get fit soon

Edited by ReedLarc

• 2 months later...

Hey! When I go to a party with friends, I always try to bring some magic mushrooms from this online store https://www.shrooms-online.net/shop/magic-mushroom-chocolate/ with me because it appears to me that a pleasant mood can really assist with many symptoms of some basic diseases. In fact, these magic mushrooms have a lot of wonderful emotional and good mood-giving potential, so I advise everyone to pay attention and give them a try.