How Can I Restore My Rights To Own and Possess Firearms

Problem – You have a Felony Conviction

Once convicted of a felony under Michigan and Federal law an individual loses their right to own or possess a firearm.

Without paying homage and receiving the blessing of the state to restore your gun rights. Those with felony convictions can be charged with a 5 year felony for being a felon in possession of a firearm.

Can I Get My Gun Rights Back?

According to MCL 750.224f, there are two ways for an individual to have their gun rights restored in Michigan.

750.224f Possession of firearm or distribution of ammunition by person convicted of felony; circumstances; penalty; applicability of section to expunged or set aside conviction; definitions.

This also depends on whether the charge is a “specified felony” as defined in MCL 750.224f(10).

For most felonies state gun rights can begin 3 years after the checklist below is complete:

• All fines paid
  • Served all terms of imprisonment
  • Successfully completed all terms of probation or parole.

For specified felonies, state gun rights can begin 5 years after all of the following is completed:

• All fines paid
  • Served all terms of imprisonment
  • Successfully completed all terms of probation or parole.
  • Petition the circuit court for an order granting the restoration of your right.

Of course there’s more hoops you have to jump through and it’s best if you have an attorney in your corner.

Want to Restore Your Gun Rights?

We do that. Contact our office 800-656-3557 for more information. Because your best bet is to have a lawyer represent you and fight for your rights.

Komorn Law Social Media

Recent Posts

Tag Cloud

2020 2021 BMMR CBD corruption. prosecutors detroit dispensary DUI forfeiture ginnifer hency hemp komornlaw lara law enforcement abuse laws legal Legalization marijuana Medical Marijuana Michigan MMFLA MMMA MMMA Regulations MRA news police politics Recreational Cannabis science shattuck

DISCLAIMER
This post may contain re-posted content, opinions, comments, ads, third party posts, outdated information, posts from disgruntled persons, posts from those with agendas and general internet BS. Therefore…Before you believe anything on the internet regarding anything – do your research on Official Government and State Sites, Call the Michigan State Police, Check the State Attorney General Website and Consult an Attorney – Use Your Brain.

The post How Can I Restore My Rights To Own and Possess Firearms appeared first on Komorn Law.

View the full article