Free weed!

Kingdiamond

Well not really but  it sure seems that patients are more interested in signing with a caregiver on the premise that  they insist to get free ounces every month before even considering to meet and sign on with them .

My last power bill was $547 and I am in my garden each day for hours cleaning pruning looking for pests keeping the grow area clean which growers get paid handsomely for in the warehouse grows so caregivers time is not as  beneficial to patients ?

I am open to give free weed to patients but patients also should be willing to pay their ways as well there is no such thing as a free lunch .

I am also open to working with those on fixed incomes as well as long as they can prove they are indeed on a fixed income the last guy who made this claim  came to our first meet in a brand new F350  pickup truck which  is   gaming the caregiver connection your driving a 70 thousand dollar truck lol .

If  you want free weed  I suggest you  go to the grow store   get your supply's set up a room and grow your own and I also ask caregivers to quit giving away your wares for nothing because it creates a watered down difficult  environment for those of us who dont have huge bank accounts and a warehouse size grow for you it may just be a hobby but for  some of us we operate on thin budgets  and depend on patient donations to stay  afloat .

Yep! I just laugh. You cannot reason with ignorance. They are looking for "free dope", not high quality medicine.  I don't waste my time.

They have NO idea of cost/labor/time/loss. And it's 24/7.... no vacations/sick days/holiday pay. While they're kicking back on a holiday, I may be literally covered in crap, mixing fresh soil for my upcoming run. 

With the difference in quality between a dispensary, "street weed", and a caregiver.... they should be paying a premium to be allowed to be a patient. Because caregivers SHOULD be growing the highest quality cannabis. It's for patients who expect the best. I can't speak for others, but I'm a patient first. My patients benefit from that because they get the same quality I do for myself...... Not gonna see that in commercial runs. They can't afford it. Of course, I offer "freebies" to my patients; but there is no expectations. 

The only way one is looked at as a professional, is if they act as such. .... So I just laugh and tell them they must have me mistaken for "HuggyBear"! :D

50 minutes ago, mrmac said:

I've recently relocated to Michigan, and just got my medical card.  

My hope is I can find a caregiver to grow 2 specific strains for me.  If that is feasible, what can I expect to pay/donate to a caregiver for those services?

$100 an ounce is the going rate in my area. 

• 1 month later...

Been using this site for years to fill my patient roster and stay in touch with the community.  Its sad to see what the state has diminished us to.  The patients want free weed and the dispensaries cant buy from us... not sure how much longer we can keep this up.  Electricity cost is going up and herb prices are going down.  I got into this to provide people that need medical marijuana their medicine.  Now the state says I can only provide my 5 patients their medicine as weed pours over our borders from Canada and other states and into "rec" dispensaries, while I'm standing here a MI resident and tax payer with high quality tested product I cant get rid of...  what a bunny muffin show.  I guess our last option is to get down on our knees and submit to the state/big business, get a loan, and move to rec.  Wish I had a half a million sitting around to do it on my  own.  A few oz a month to my patients isn't even keeping the electric bill paid at this point.  Holding onto the dream by a thread.

-Matt

Edited by HydroTerraCare

I'm disabled and have time for the care and upkeep of six plants. I would find some zen and maybe some relief from the chronic pain that makes life harder than it need be. Any advice and or assistance would be greatly appreciated

Please advice or point me in the correct direction thank you

(We do not allow personal info emails phone numbers etc in open forum .)

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I was going crazy with patients trying to get everything for nothing.  I tried to explain that I can't work for free...why am I even having this conversation?  There are good patients out there they are just really hard to find.  Anyways, thanks everyone for confirming my thoughts on the situation, and keep planting! 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

It seems to me that this is a little wrong. Weed can be given free of charge only in extreme cases. For example, if a patient has severe pain and is prescribed weed for medical purposes. For example, my friend had severe headaches, and the doctor advised her to use medicinal marijuana. For a very long time, she could not find a good site where you could buy quality weed. She was very lucky that she found the site mail order marijuana, and there she was able to order a quality product. So this is a very dubious question.

• 1 year later...