What is Minecraft? How do you play it?

Willi1989

Minecraft is a sandbox video game developed by the Swedish video game developer Mojang Studios. The game was created by Markus "Notch" Persson in the Java programming language. Following several early private testing versions, it was first made public in May 2009 before fully releasing in November 2011, with Jens Bergensten then taking over development. Minecraft has since been ported to several other platforms and is the best-selling video game of all time, with over 200 million copies sold and over 140 million monthly active users as of 2021.

Edited by Willi1989

This is easily my favorite game of all time. Every single game I've played now trying to compare to it falls short. I love this game for the setting, the characters, the gameplay, the music, but most of all, the twist. When I played it I never saw it coming, and I had this feeling like I was in control. Finding out I wasn't in control of my own fate or even sense of direction in the game was awe-inspiring. Nothing has hit me quite like that before. Greatest game ever, hands down.

Edited by AlexanderOgden