Migraines And Chronic Pain

Hello all, I recently returned to Michigan after finishing university and am interested in getting a prescription for MM. Since the age of 5 I have suffered from chronic and debilitating migraines, which vary in frequency from 4-10 times a month, in which I see white spots, vomit and undergo extreme pain. Many of these migraines end in a visit to the emergency room. I have been medicating for over 5 years now, from the black market, and have watched my occurrences plummet to maybe 1 or 2 a month. I have been prescribed everything from imitrix, verapamil, hydrocodone, darvacet as well as other beta-blockers, all with either no effect - or other undesirable side-effects that made it more miserable than before.

I would like to obtain a MM card in order to purchase small amounts of MM for myself, but since I have no insurance and can't afford to pay for doctors visits without results. Do you think that I would qualify for a MM card? I am sick of the anxiety involved in carrying it on me, on the off chance I might have a tail-light out and be put through our "justice" system.

Any insight would be appreciated, and could anyone recommend a doctor in the Oakland county/Bloomfield Hills area who could help me with this? And how much I could expect to pay for such services?

Thanks a bunch guys, I think its great what you all are doing here.

I have frequent migraines too. My regular doctor wasn't comfortable recommending medical MJ, though she recognized it's therapeutic value. I made an appointment at the THC Foundation in Southfield (there are other locations around the state). See website at www.thc-foundation.org Migraines qualify as "chronic pain". What you need to do is get a minimum of three sets of chart notes of visits from your own doctor/clinic which you fax to their office. Then you make an appt. after they are pretty sure you are going to qualify. It costs about $200. and takes a couple of hours. Go for it!

Archived