To Everybody That Responded To My Thread(Can Care Givers Provide Medicine To Other Paitents,)

tugrow0855

Thanks for the replys everybody, I learned alot. Ive read those laws a dozen or more times, but everybody seems to have a different opinion. So I thought I'd try the forum, and it worked well.

On that note, I asked other questions that were never answered, So here I go again. Before I ask these questions again, I would like to point out that I do attend compassion clubs, So when I ask the questions, please know that i am involved so I dont need the question answered by saying I need to go to compassion clubs. Ive done so much research but sometimes Im not finding the answer that explains what Im asking.

I just want to know what everybody thinks about a dispensary? Is it worth trying to open one. or should I wait till things settle down?

Is there anyplace that michigan is allowing places to buy overages from caregivers? Im pretty sure I know the answer, but I keep hearing things so I want to know what you all think.

It really comes down to the fundamental philosophical questions of which is better, asking permission or begging forgiveness. Some will advocate just slinging a shingle on your door and letting the community you're in deal with it. And sometimes, it can more difficult to shut down one of these places after it has already opened. Others will say you should go talk to city officials and zoning boards first. Danger with this approach is they are more likely to say no right up front.

It also depends heavily on your location. The interpretation and acceptance of the law varies WIDELY from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. For instance, you'd likely have no problem setting one up in Cheboygan, where they've passed an ordinance friendly to MM, but you wouldn't want to go anywhere NEAR Saginaw with this idea right now.

Lots more questions than answers at this point. My recommendation would be to not open one until you have a decent legal defense fund built up, and then look for a location outside of city/town limits to help circumvent some of the zoning roadblocks that you'll likely see. Also, just my pet peeve about some of the dispensaries I've seen popping up...please choose a location that is a good distance away from parks, schools, daycares, etc. It just makes for less controversy and has less potential for blowback.

It really comes down to the fundamental philosophical questions of which is better, asking permission or begging forgiveness. Some will advocate just slinging a shingle on your door and letting the community you're in deal with it. And sometimes, it can more difficult to shut down one of these places after it has already opened. Others will say you should go talk to city officials and zoning boards first. Danger with this approach is they are more likely to say no right up front.

It also depends heavily on your location. The interpretation and acceptance of the law varies WIDELY from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. For instance, you'd likely have no problem setting one up in Cheboygan, where they've passed an ordinance friendly to MM, but you wouldn't want to go anywhere NEAR Saginaw with this idea right now.

Lots more questions than answers at this point. My recommendation would be to not open one until you have a decent legal defense fund built up, and then look for a location outside of city/town limits to help circumvent some of the zoning roadblocks that you'll likely see. Also, just my pet peeve about some of the dispensaries I've seen popping up...please choose a location that is a good distance away from parks, schools, daycares, etc. It just makes for less controversy and has less potential for blowback.

Thanks for the helpful advice. I figured its a hit or miss. I like opinions.

Archived