Tank Temps Too High

welj31

Areo Tank temps too high 72 .

Want to get them down to around 60 to 62.

Don’t want to buy $400 chiller.

Ideas?

What we found wont work:

1) Dorm fridge

2) Whine cooler

3) Water cooler

4) Cant make a heat exchanger out of cooper, plastic or alum.

New Idea put the tanks inside a large chest freezer (pipe out freezer wall).

Or

Build small room for tanks with large AC system.

What do you think?

10-12 degree drop is kinda alot depending on rez size, what size rez are you using? Is there any way to move your rez outside the room?

I know they are darn expensive but that is the price you pay for hydro and people think growing meds is cheap.

I bought 2 1/4 Active aqua hp chillers and they work great dropped temps from 73 to around 66 and thats good enough for me.

Dont forget you have to buy a pump for your water chiller also.

They are worth the money IMHO specially if you have your system and room setup.

Hope that helps some

Oh yeah building a new room with a large AC system sounds much more expensive in the long run.

Take care

Arslan

10-12 degree drop is kinda alot depending on rez size, what size rez are you using? Is there any way to move your rez outside the room?

I know they are darn expensive but that is the price you pay for hydro and people think growing meds is cheap.

I bought 2 1/4 Active aqua hp chillers and they work great dropped temps from 73 to around 66 and thats good enough for me.

Dont forget you have to buy a pump for your water chiller also.

They are worth the money IMHO specially if you have your system and room setup.

Hope that helps some

Oh yeah building a new room with a large AC system sounds much more expensive in the long run.

Take care

Arslan

27 gallon tank with 24 gallons of liquid

Oh thats not too bad at all man, I think you could easily get buy with a 1/10 chiller. Have you tried freezing a bunch of 2 liters and tossing them in your rez? With the extra 3 gallons to spare it should work well until you figure out a final solution.

I still recomend the chiller it will be much less of a hassle in the long run but it costs a pretty penny :(

Arslan

Oh thats not too bad at all man, I think you could easily get buy with a 1/10 chiller. Have you tried freezing a bunch of 2 liters and tossing them in your rez? With the extra 3 gallons to spare it should work well until you figure out a final solution.

I still recomend the chiller it will be much less of a hassle in the long run but it costs a pretty penny :(

Arslan

The set up may not have room to open the lid that far I tried some smaller water bottles got one degree drop. May just hav to break down and get one. The ice bottle thing is a pain in the tank. John

Yeah I hear ya man the Ice bottles are a pain but it helps. It sucks but I would go donate some plasma and place a order for a 1/10 chiller as I think the 1/3 might be a bit overkill.

Best of luck man I know it sucks but if you can try to get your temps below 70 by any means you can asap before you get algae growth.

I feel your pain man I have been in the same situation and it is horrible.

Arslan

Not sure what it will take to reach the temp drop you need, but could you run a pumped line through an ice bath?

A line running through a container of ice/hot ice? The more line length you have in the iced container, the longer the fluid will stay in the lowered temp environment, the lower the temp drop will be on exit. You could alter the exit temp by adding or decreasing the amount of line in the iced container.

Run a garden hose along the basement floor, right on the concrete.

Line your walls and floor outside the room with the hose, all with direct contact.

Wrap you main water line (that supplies your house) in hose and run that to the res, that is usually around 58-62 degrees... it could be what you need.

Just trying to save you some monies through innovation.

Archived