Mi Compassion Clubs W/articles Of Incorporation

Separate post CK6415, but I'll answer you. Non-profit status is a State defined term. Federal tax-exemption is an IRS defined term. In my search of the IRS website, I could not locate any Michigan Compassion Clubs that have filed with the IRS for federal tax exemtion, not even the MMMA yet. As a non-profit, you have 27 months after filing articles of incorporation with the State to file for IRS federal tax exemption.

• 2 weeks later...

In the last 8 business days, 8 additional organizations with the Key Word "Compassion Club" have filed their articles of incorporation with the State of Michigan Dpt of Labor. Way to go! We are now at 58 entities in the State of Michigan who have filed their Articles. Thanks Guys!

According to the IRS website and the people i have talked to their the IRS no longer has applications for non profit status tax exempt but they honor it if your state has issued you your status. This is what I have found out from going through the process. Also once your articles of incorporation is filed and registered your books are open record to anyone that wants to see them, if you have a compassion club your books must be transparent for all to see where your monies go. We at the MOCC are 100% transparent on all of our books and accounting. By-laws and insurance are other very valid things a club must get to be covered, the MOCC has this also in place, our by laws and such will be filed in August with our annual report to the state and at that time anyone can go into public records and see the accounting. If you or any one else needs direction on any of this please feel free to contact me.

Steve

Executive Director MOCC/ Founder/Member

post-981-12760154176642_thumb.jpg

Thats great that tha MOCC is doing everything corectly. I know of one club that is spending the money that comes in like it was their own. I do not know how they are going to get out of how they are keeping their books. It is really distgusting. It is giving Compassion Clubs a very bad name.

Archived