Child Custody

moonman

Do any of the members have any experience with mmm and child custody cases in Wayne County. I have an ex who is trying to have my custody rights changed to supervised even though I have removed my grow room from my home. She is claiming that I have a drug abuse problem and I am a medical marijuana patient as well as a caregiver. I have a hearing coming up and need some advice as well as an attorney. Any reccommendations would be appreciated.

Thnx!!

Do any of the members have any experience with mmm and child custody cases in Wayne County. I have an ex who is trying to have my custody rights changed to supervised even though I have removed my grow room from my home. She is claiming that I have a drug abuse problem and I am a medical marijuana patient as well as a caregiver. I have a hearing coming up and need some advice as well as an attorney. Any reccommendations would be appreciated.

Thnx!!

4. Protections for the Medical Use of Marihuana.

Sec. 4. (a) A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, provided that the qualifying patient possesses an amount of marihuana that does not exceed 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana, and, if the qualifying patient has not specified that a primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility. Any incidental amount of seeds, stalks, and unusable roots shall also be allowed under state law and shall not be included in this amount.

Also

© A person shall not be denied custody or visitation of a minor for acting in accordance with this act, unless the person's behavior is such that it creates an unreasonable danger to the minor that can be clearly articulated and substantiated.

• 2 weeks later...

If the EX can say that you use your meds in front of kids or grow is not locked up she may have something on ya. :growl:

So hear say is ok in court now? If she had PROOF that he did that then yes, but a simple walk through of the house would show whether its a "safe environment" or not. He has protections given to him by the voters. He has also moved his grow to a different location. What he should do is tell them to PROVE his "Drug Abuse" problem?

Archived