The Holland Compassionate Care Community--Public Meeting Tuesday June 22

kurt klaas

The HollandCCC will meet this coming Tuesday, June 22 at 7PM at Herrick Library. This will be our fourth meeting, and club related growth is happening nicely. People have come forward to help, thank God. So things are starting to move forward. But there is a long way to go before we get to one hundred persons in attendance. I'm pretty sure, according to growth statistics from other clubs, we'll get there in about a year. But not if the regulars don't show up and get involved. Your the backbone. Try to make it.

There will be discussion of a crucial issue for our community to work through. This involves what stance we should take as a club regarding instances when someone representing the medical marijuana services profession has been charged with a serious nonmarijuana related crime. This stance should take into consideration, although some might disagree, the conservative citizenry of Holland. Hope to see you there and that you will join in the discussion of this important problem.

Kurt

As far as I know, Michael Komorn is the legal counsel for Kenneth Baker and is serving as his defense attorney regarding the criminal sexual charge against Mr. Baker. Again, as far as I know, Mr. Komorn was involved with setting up the West Michigan Medical Services and Supplies business, run by Mr. Baker, but I am not certain of his lawyer's exact current involvement or relationship with WMMS&S. Regardless, we will soon initiate communication between our club and Mr. Komorn, in order to respond as best we can to the developments regarding Mr. Baker, which obviously impacts his business and raises other problematic issues.

Kurt, Director the HollandCCC

Ken needs to be taken out of the Equation when it comes to west michigan medical marijuana movement. His track record includes way too many violent deeds against other humans. Pleading guilty to 3rd degree child abuse, mmmm did he plead down from what? Domestic violence, mmmmm did he plead down from that too? mmmm NOW RAPE OF A MINOR? Why is he connected with love peace and caring and compassion. Not much compassion in a person if he feels it is ok to abuse women and children. I feel sorry for his "fiance" where is her head at? Check fraud too, Larceny. I know many "felons" that are only patients because of their past bust with pot and can't grow. Why is this man able to do what he does? I think abuse of society and sexual and physical abuse of humans is a "felony";. Let this guy leave town and send him back to where he came from and start fresh with counseling. He is a deeply disturbed man! To think I thought it was wonderful how him and his woman were on the front line getting busted. Now I realize God was just exposing him for who he really is. Thanks to the media we have this crap to deal with. Now we have LEO in our backyard too. Beside all that he was selling $25 a gram another rip-off. As we see Holland conservatives building a case to throw medical marijuana out their door. Is he going to plead that he was smoking pot when he committed the crimes, or some one or she made me do it? This guy is sick sick sick. Time for the Greentrees to open their eyes and shove him over to the side. We don't need underhanded people associated publicly and making a bad name to the rest of us. If he has any self-esteem he should quit the limelight, it doesn't shine so bright when we have trash in the way.

Sorry this issue has me totally pissed and awstruck because of the closeness I felt for those two. Now I feel abused and used as his association and our support was abused also. You can never trust anyone I guess.

Love and Peace and pray for our movement to go forward. The trial is soon and it will be crazy because the media is going to go to town with this one!

We all stray as children and teens and then we grow up, and learn to be "productive citizens" and respect others. Let's remember we all have bad apples in the barrel, but this one has bruised a few around him.

Thanks for the post. We are going to have a full discussion of this difficult issue Tuesday at our public meeting. I have already discovered that not everyone agrees about how to respond to this problem. It's OK to disagree. LEO has clearly harrased his business and patrons unjustly. Thus some people, who have deep mistrust of all things the cops do, suspect he was set up somehow. I am suggesting to our club that we base our response primarily on the public record that shows his past criminal history, not on what is going on right now. It is for the legal system to decide his guilt or innocence. This decision lies in the future, and we can know nothing about it. Still, past behavior is the best predictor of a person's future behavior.

His legal problems are a set back for our cause in this area. But as our new club grows and matures, we will have postive public impact on mmj and overcome this.

Kurt, Director, the HollandCCC

Archived