Grow Tents

booth1dj

Hi Everyone,

I am looking at starting my first grow and am looking for a inexpensive grow tent as I do live in an apt and my landlord doesn't want the smell to be really strong and affect other residents (I'm in the top corner of the complex) I also am getting a carbon filter for the vent as well....but does anyone have any suggestions for growtents OR does any have one for sale??? Let me know thanks!

Many good brands but alot of not so good too. Beware of the cheap pvc lined tents on ebay. I got mine at Growco in GR. nice tent, middle of the road price.

Environmental controls for temp & humidity will be something you want to look into also.

Been in a tent for a year now & I like it.

hope this helps,

Hi Everyone,

I am looking at starting my first grow and am looking for a inexpensive grow tent as I do live in an apt and my landlord doesn't want the smell to be really strong and affect other residents (I'm in the top corner of the complex) I also am getting a carbon filter for the vent as well....but does anyone have any suggestions for growtents OR does any have one for sale??? Let me know thanks!

go to a good dro store and buy the extruded film that is black on one side and black on the other and run it along the basement rafters and make your own tent...I have 2 rooms this way it cost me like 60 bucks...for the stape gun included.

drop it fromthe ceiling and wrap it all around.

I have stopped by Growco in Grand Rapids in the past and the guys there are extremely helpful. I can't say enough good things about them. They will answer all your questions.

Many good brands but alot of not so good too. Beware of the cheap pvc lined tents on ebay. I got mine at Growco in GR. nice tent, middle of the road price.

Environmental controls for temp & humidity will be something you want to look into also.

Been in a tent for a year now & I like it.

hope this helps,

Hi Everyone,

Great call on the carbon filter. They are very useful.

I started with a 4'x4' hydrohut given to me by a friend. I wanted 2 more 2'x4' tents, shopped around and found I liked the sunhuts for the price and quality at that time.

Some time after that, I wanted everything in the basement and I found that GrowLab is manufactured with a slightly lower ceiling height as to allow for setup in a standard basement (6'4" I believe).

I like the growlabs the best. They are the highest quality of the 3.

I have read that Jardin makes the Intense line now, which is supposed to be the ultra high quality line of tents in the market.

Being that price is of some concern to you, my suggestion would be one of the first three, with the GrowLab being my personal recommendation to anyone asking.

I hope this helps you. If you have any questions, I am always happy to help.

I agree with topshelf on quality. I recommend for price and ease, the 4 x8 sunhut, with 2 600 w HPS, 2 6 inch air cooled reflector hoods, and a 6 inch fan. place your carbon filter outside your tent, so it doesn't get humid and take up space. you can push air through a carbon filter as well as suck air through it. so pull the air through the hoods, and push it out the tent and through the filter. remember to put a nylon or something to filter the air you pull over the bulbs.

and get a couple clip fans too. you will be real happy with a new tent. it helps you regulate everything real nice. good luck.

I agree with topshelf on quality. I recommend for price and ease, the 4 x8 sunhut, with 2 600 w HPS, 2 6 inch air cooled reflector hoods, and a 6 inch fan. place your carbon filter outside your tent, so it doesn't get humid and take up space. you can push air through a carbon filter as well as suck air through it. so pull the air through the hoods, and push it out the tent and through the filter. remember to put a nylon or something to filter the air you pull over the bulbs.

and get a couple clip fans too. you will be real happy with a new tent. it helps you regulate everything real nice. good luck.

Good information. And good call on the larger tent.

I have used the smaller (2x4 & 4x4)tents with t5 fluorescent bulbs for moms, cuts, and the little ones.

I, personally, have never flowered in a tent. My suggestions should be quantified as such :-)

Haven't tried one yet, but soon will!

A friend said they really like their Secret Jardin DR120 Grow Tent :rolleyes: but as I said I have no first hand knowledge.

Good luck to us!!:gym:

I have the DR 150. After a year it is still solid. Zippers & material are heavy duty & show no signs of wear. I do have to say that I have had humidity probs in the past & the poles do show some oxidation but only on the side that was against a block wall all winter. I recommend a buffer between tent & exterior block wall. ( or maybe a sheet of Styrofoam between the 2) Nice reflective material & a floor liner are good points too.

Good luck to all of us...:thumbsu:

Archived