Building A Grow Room, Maybe!

Zombiefied

OK, to start I am a carded patient, but I have a CG. My father in law and sister in law are both getting there Cannabis rec. soon and will be naming me their CG. I have talked to both of them and they know the wait, and are willing to help me build and buy the lights and stuff. Also, I was going to change myself to my own CG. What I want to do is have a perpetual grow and want to know how to do it, and some setup ideas. The building that I am going to build will be approx 6 foot wide x 20 foot long x 8-10 foot high. I want 2 rooms, 1 veg room, 1 flower room. I want to have 9 clones, 9 vegging, 9 in early flower and 9 in late flower. I dont know the best way to do this. I have made a "paint" mock-up of what I want to do. You will see how I kinda want to do it.

Also, the build will have a lean to roof and will not be attached to my house, but will be built in a way that the only entrance will be from the house.

I am gunna find out about building permits when I get back to town.

Remember this is just a simple mock up and is subject to change.

growroom.jpg

Key:

Red: Clone pots

Green: Veg pots

Yellow: Start flowering pots

Blue: End flowering pots

Light Blue: 400 or 600 Watt MH light.

Pink: 1000 Watt HPS light.

Purple: 55 Gallon water buckets

Brown: Shelves

Triangle Things: Doors

EDIT: My demotions were wrong, 6 ft. wide x 20 ft. long x 8-10 ft. high (inside height, outside height would be higher.)

I think you need more light. A 1000W covers around 4.5' x 4.5 ' - 5.5' x 5.5' and it might be hard to stick that many plants under it. Adding a 400W to the room would help or maybe 2 x 600W's to replace the 1000. Have you considered T5's for vegging? if heat is an issue use these for veg, they perform very similiar to a MH lamp in veg IMO better where light penetration isnt an issue.

just my 2 cents im not an expert

Very good start. It is very important to do what you've done by laying out your room and ideas. My own room designed changed several times before I started construction.

I think you might want to figure out climate control and ventilation too. You might need more lighting than what you've posted here and that could generate excessive heat. Your plants really need air exchange in the room too. Air exchange has several benefits to encourage healthy growth. Consider "Can" filters and hooded-enclosed lights to exhaust both odor and heat. When your room is sealed properly, the Can filters create a slight negative air pressure so you can vent outside air into the rooms for air exchange.

On the climate control side...I'm still working on that for my room. Humidity, Temperature and CO2 levels are the big factors. You see, I have not been able to do it all at once. When funds come available I add critical systems. My first grow (in cure right now) was sucessful IMHO. I'll let my patients tell me after they have medicated themselves a few times though.

Your grow room will evolve with time. Mine does. Have fun and enjoy it - it has many rewards!

Archived