Concerns Of Being A Patient And A Healthcare Professional

coloradobuff

I was wondering if there are any potential concerns of becoming a patient while working as a healthcare professional? I have worked hard to get where I am I don't want to risk all that hard work if it could potentially be held against me by a state licensing board. As from what I can tell from reading the statute it can't, and I would figure that all of the information should be covered under HIPPA law.

Thanks

I can tell you from personal experience that the repurcussions of NOT being on the Medical Marijuana registry are far, far more serious than not. It states in the law being registered as a patient cannot be used against any professional licensing board. In fact, I finally received my card yesterday and that part was spelled out in the flyer that came with the card.

Personally, if and when you become a patient I'd keep that under my hat from my employer, but the Bureau of Health Professions cannot hold being a registered patient against your license in any way, that part is clearly spelled out in the law.

The Bureau does still considers unregistered use a violation of the controlled substance policy, and will make your life a living hell if you are caught, so please, get registered. Don't go through what I did.

Archived