Harvest Time Need Help!

tugrow0855

Hello fellow patients and caregivers. I have a quick question for anybody that can answer..

Will my plant continue to grow if I harvest the top buds of my plants. The strains I have were given to me by my patient. I believe they were a 10 to 12 week flowing cycle. Its been 11 and there all milky white. If I take the tops will my bottom buds continue on with life and maybe turn an amber color???

yes, harvesting the upper buds will allow more light to reach the lower smaller buds causing them to get bigger/tighter. Only do it if the tops are ready though. Higher temps/humidity can cause the plants to have a longer flowering period than usual. Patience is the name of the game.

yes, harvesting the upper buds will allow more light to reach the lower smaller buds causing them to get bigger/tighter. Only do it if the tops are ready though. Higher temps/humidity can cause the plants to have a longer flowering period than usual. Patience is the name of the game.

It has nothing to do with more light getting to the bottom buds, Its caused by a hormonal response in the plant called apical dominance.

If cannabis is grown outdoors it will still have smaller buds at the bottom of the plant. This isnt caused by shading, and the sun is of equal intensity everywhere unlike artificial lights.The top growth of the plant produces the growth hormone auxin. As the hormone's travel down the stem it weakens causing lower bud sites to get progressively smaller doses of this growth hormone.

When the top bud is removed the new hormones are redirected to the lower budsites giving them a new spirt of growth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apical_dominance

[/quote

Im aiming for milky to amber so the tops of one are ready. Im running co2, with temps between 78 to 85 degrees. Humidity at 55 percent. Patience is most important, and I am blessed to have it, This more or less is an experiment. Ive never keep bottom growth before so Im just playing around. Thanks for advice.

It has nothing to do with more light getting to the bottom buds, Its caused by a hormonal response in the plant called apical dominance.

If cannabis is grown outdoors it will still have smaller buds at the bottom of the plant. This isnt caused by shading, and the sun is of equal intensity everywhere unlike artificial lights.The top growth of the plant produces the growth hormone auxin. As the hormone's travel down the stem it weakens causing lower bud sites to get progressively smaller doses of this growth hormone.

When the top bud is removed the new hormones are redirected to the lower budsites giving them a new spirt of growth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apical_dominance

Thank you! Great link.

Archived