Probation In East Lansing?

I know this has been asked, and that its up to the PO/judge, but I was wondering if anyone has been on probation in East Lansing and if they let you continue to medicate.

I am a student at MSU and plead guilty to use of a controlled substance (ADD medication), and part of my bond is no drugs etc. When I asked my lawyer if I could medicate he said he didn't know and the best bet would be to not use and wait and see if I can. It has been 2 and a half weeks now since I have used marijuana. I went in earlier this week for a "Pre-sentencing interview" with a probation officer, which turned out to not be a PO, but an intern. When i asked her if i could use she told me she didn't know and I would have to wait until my sentencing date (a month from now) because she had to ask her boss. I went downstairs to the probation office to speak to someone who wasn't an intern and got yelled at by the PO saying she told you to wait. Now I find it beyond unfair that they can tell me to wait to take my medicine. I suffer from chronic pain, and I'm not feeling too good about this. I feel like sentencing comes around and they'll think I'm just another college student who wants to smoke weed. I want to contact them and ask, but I feel like that is just going to make me look like a drug addict in the courts eyes. Any ideas on what I should do?

I know this has been asked, and that its up to the PO/judge, but I was wondering if anyone has been on probation in East Lansing and if they let you continue to medicate.

I am a student at MSU and plead guilty to use of a controlled substance (ADD medication), and part of my bond is no drugs etc. When I asked my lawyer if I could medicate he said he didn't know and the best bet would be to not use and wait and see if I can. It has been 2 and a half weeks now since I have used marijuana. I went in earlier this week for a "Pre-sentencing interview" with a probation officer, which turned out to not be a PO, but an intern. When i asked her if i could use she told me she didn't know and I would have to wait until my sentencing date (a month from now) because she had to ask her boss. I went downstairs to the probation office to speak to someone who wasn't an intern and got yelled at by the PO saying she told you to wait. Now I find it beyond unfair that they can tell me to wait to take my medicine. I suffer from chronic pain, and I'm not feeling too good about this. I feel like sentencing comes around and they'll think I'm just another college student who wants to smoke weed. I want to contact them and ask, but I feel like that is just going to make me look like a drug addict in the courts eyes. Any ideas on what I should do?

One thing you learn in college that you may not have yet is that life is not fair. Thats why you avoid getting controlled substance charges, because its not worth having someone tell you what to do. But when you are a ward of the state, you are their B****. Sucks man dont get in any more trouble and you will be independent again. EL is a VERY TOUGH area as well, so id be careful medicating still...........

One thing you learn in college that you may not have yet is that life is not fair. Thats why you avoid getting controlled substance charges, because its not worth having someone tell you what to do. But when you are a ward of the state, you are their B****. Sucks man dont get in any more trouble and you will be independent again. EL is a VERY TOUGH area as well, so id be careful medicating still...........

Yep learned that. haha

Archived