Clinical Relief's Open Letter To The Public

Many have read or heard my name, Ryan Richmond, in the past few days relating to Oakland County Sheriff Bouchard’s raid on Clinical Relief’s medical marijuana clinic in Ferndale. A friend told me that social change can be accepted by the people much quicker than police actions will let old stereotypes die. If Sheriff Bouchard’s parody of Cheech and Chong were true for Clinical Relief then Police Academy 2 on steroids would be true for the Sheriff’s department – guns drawn with 8 year olds in the sights, a dragnet that placed truly innocent people in solitary confinement with no charges filed, home searches that were about intimidation as opposed to thoroughness. Fortunately, neither parody is true.

Clinical Relief operates within the law and wants to set the standard for our industry. Sheriff Bouchard simply doesn’t like the law because it’s too broad. His approach is guilt by association instead of innocence because of medical benefits. He doesn’t respect what two-thirds of Michigan voters decided.

I welcome clarification of Michigan law. Our clinics want to be members of their communities. We have had a criminology class from Eastern Michigan University, Ferndale police and many different municipal leaders pay us a visit, the same offer was extended to Mike. If Sheriff Bouchard has his way: we, you, have no rights even within the law.

I am an entrepreneur and believe that medical marijuana is the next best thing since sliced bread. Let’s talk about 7,500 caregivers earning from $10,000 to $60,000 supplying Michigan’s medical marijuana needs. That could be 7,500 Michigan families off the unemployment ranks. And, 20,000 less incarcerations, although that’s probably bad for the policing business.

Many have read or heard my name, Ryan Richmond, in the past few days relating to Oakland County Sheriff Bouchard’s raid on Clinical Relief’s medical marijuana clinic in Ferndale. A friend told me that social change can be accepted by the people much quicker than police actions will let old stereotypes die. If Sheriff Bouchard’s parody of Cheech and Chong were true for Clinical Relief then Police Academy 2 on steroids would be true for the Sheriff’s department – guns drawn with 8 year olds in the sights, a dragnet that placed truly innocent people in solitary confinement with no charges filed, home searches that were about intimidation as opposed to thoroughness. Fortunately, neither parody is true.

Clinical Relief operates within the law and wants to set the standard for our industry. Sheriff Bouchard simply doesn’t like the law because it’s too broad. His approach is guilt by association instead of innocence because of medical benefits. He doesn’t respect what two-thirds of Michigan voters decided.

I welcome clarification of Michigan law. Our clinics want to be members of their communities. We have had a criminology class from Eastern Michigan University, Ferndale police and many different municipal leaders pay us a visit, the same offer was extended to Mike. If Sheriff Bouchard has his way: we, you, have no rights even within the law.

I am an entrepreneur and believe that medical marijuana is the next best thing since sliced bread. Let’s talk about 7,500 caregivers earning from $10,000 to $60,000 supplying Michigan’s medical marijuana needs. That could be 7,500 Michigan families off the unemployment ranks. And, 20,000 less incarcerations, although that’s probably bad for the policing business.

RYAN,

More than ever after speaking with NICK I am 100% behind you all BS aside. I will be donating to you guys to help you out. What rights will be violated next...? Our right to assemble....free speech...? Or will we live in a state completely run by ELITSTS who impose their views on the populus.

NICK you are absolutely right FIGHT TO THE DEATH against this injustice. Bouchard wanted a fight.... he has struck first below the belt. All this wasted tax payer money for 1 pound of Medical MJ. And registered guns. Please....this is a GROSS waste of time and money. We are Medical registered patients.

9-8-10 1200 North telegraph Court House. Please support Clinical Relief and Waterford. Donate meds, money, edibles..whatever you can this is not about CR or waterford but our rights being trampled on by a few who oppose the 64% who voted this law into effect.

I support u 150%....have visited CR several times...wishing u the best and a successful outcome..hope to c ya doors back open

Archived