Mi Bound

I might need to move to Michigan very soon. Does anybody know of a good MMJ-friendly Dr. in the U.P.? It would make me feel a lot better about the major change I might have to make soon if I knew that I could easily get my certification taken care of. I have a chronic pain condition; the diagnosis seems to change from year to year and Dr. to Dr. I've been told that I have Mono, Lymes Disease, or that it is caused by Neutropenia. Then they test me for HIV, various Cancers, Lupus and this really scary stuff. I did have one test that DID suggest my condition was caused by a tumor, probably a non-cancerous one. Two more recent tests suggest that this is not the case. Eventually they just tell me that I have fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndrome, or that I just think that I'm sick because of Depression, they tell me to take Ibuprofen, and they send me on my way. Some Dr.'s are relatively cool about me using Cannabis, but they all act like they're afraid that I will somehow get them in trouble if I say the wrong thing. I'm desperate. It is very difficult for me to walk without Cannabis. The people in my life right now are too closed minded and this makes me very sad, I'm being, perhaps, pushed out the door by my mother, whom I had moved back home, from a MUCH more Cannabis friendly place, to help through her divorce. Unbelievable. I thought it was time to speak more openly about this and boy was I wrong...

I suppose I need to start asking about Cannabis friendly rental arrangements in the U.P...is there ANYBODY in the Upper Peninsula that is Cannabis friendly? It has always seemed pretty conservative to me up there...

I also need to know about a good vaporizer to purchase, since I get mild bronchial irritation, a couple of time per year, from smoking.

I will try to keep :)ing...

Guest drcanna-pest

I might need to move to Michigan very soon. Does anybody know of a good MMJ-friendly Dr. in the U.P.? It would make me feel a lot better about the major change I might have to make soon if I knew that I could easily get my certification taken care of. I have a chronic pain condition; the diagnosis seems to change from year to year and Dr. to Dr. I've been told that I have Mono, Lymes Disease, or that it is caused by Neutropenia. Then they test me for HIV, various Cancers, Lupus and this really scary stuff. I did have one test that DID suggest my condition was caused by a tumor, probably a non-cancerous one. Two more recent tests suggest that this is not the case. Eventually they just tell me that I have fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndrome, or that I just think that I'm sick because of Depression, they tell me to take Ibuprofen, and they send me on my way. Some Dr.'s are relatively cool about me using Cannabis, but they all act like they're afraid that I will somehow get them in trouble if I say the wrong thing. I'm desperate. It is very difficult for me to walk without Cannabis. The people in my life right now are too closed minded and this makes me very sad, I'm being, perhaps, pushed out the door by my mother, whom I had moved back home, from a MUCH more Cannabis friendly place, to help through her divorce. Unbelievable. I thought it was time to speak more openly about this and boy was I wrong...

I suppose I need to start asking about Cannabis friendly rental arrangements in the U.P...is there ANYBODY in the Upper Peninsula that is Cannabis friendly? It has always seemed pretty conservative to me up there...

I also need to know about a good vaporizer to purchase, since I get mild bronchial irritation, a couple of time per year, from smoking.

I will try to keep :)ing...

Not so true my friend...there is a dispensary in Kincheloe over on the east side of the U.P. I really don't know about doctors up there but contact them and they can help with getting certified as a patient. Or check for a compassion club to contact somewhere in Escanaba or Iron Mountain somewhere. They can help you contact a physician to work with. go to www.nmmmc.com and connect to the dispensary in Kincheloe...thats the best I can offer. There is a U.P. Compassion Club out of Marquette. Check that out too. Good luck!

i'm unaware of any clinic in marquette charging $99. the only one i'm aware of charges $300. couldn't find it on thc-f website either. please elaborate.

Frome the link I provided.

THCF Michigan Clinic

28384 Franklin Rd.

Southfield, Michigan 48034

MI (248)353-2337

(248)353-2274

Fax(503)235-0120

(Clinics in Detroit/Southfield, Grand Rapids, Houghton Lake and Marquette)

You have to call the southfield office to get the dates for their Marquette office. All records are fax to Southfield for their Michigan clinics.

Frome the link I provided.

THCF Michigan Clinic

28384 Franklin Rd.

Southfield, Michigan 48034

MI (248)353-2337

(248)353-2274

Fax(503)235-0120

(Clinics in Detroit/Southfield, Grand Rapids, Houghton Lake and Marquette)

You have to call the southfield office to get the dates for their Marquette office. All records are fax to Southfield for their Michigan clinics.

do they have a physical presence? or is it a traveling circus?

Archived