Mmj For Adhd Medication Side Effects

rudeboy221

OK so I am prescribed to Vyvanse and Adderall for ADHD. This greatly reduces my appetite and I am lucky if I can stomach one good size meal a day, I usually can only have a light meal/snack a couple times a day. When I am not able to eat, but my body needs food, I become nauseous and sometimes end up gagging. These medicines have resulted in substantial weight loss (I was thin to begin with, once 6'1"/165 lbs, but now I am down to 149), along with a noticeable loss of energy without being able to sleep due to the stimulants. I have recently been self medicating with MMJ, which allows me to eat 3 square meals a day thank God. I realize that ADHD is not one of the conditions listed in the law, however, I have read the law many times and I believe that I qualify. Here is an excerpt from the law that we have all seen before:

(5) "Debilitating medical condition" means 1 or more of the following:

(a) Cancer, glaucoma, positive status for human immunodeficiency virus,

acquired immune deficiency syndrome, hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral

sclerosis, Crohn's disease, agitation of Alzheimer's disease, nail patella,

or the treatment of these conditions.

(b) A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or its

treatment that produces, for a specific patient, 1 or more of the following:

cachexia or wasting syndrome; severe and chronic pain; severe nausea;

seizures, including but not limited to those characteristic of epilepsy; or

severe and persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to those

characteristic of multiple sclerosis.

© Any other medical condition or treatment for a medical condition

approved by the department pursuant to a petition submitted under R 333.133.

The law specifically reads in section 5b. that a patient qualifies if the treatment for the disease/condition as well as the disease/condition itself is causing any of the symptoms listed. In my case it would be wasting/nausea. However it is my understanding that the cachexia/wasting syndrome is referring to cancer/AIDS patients.

b) A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or its

So, what's your take? Do you believe I qualify for MMJ and will a doctor be compassionate enough to write the recommendation? I don't want to waste money going to the doctor and come out empty handed. Thanks

OK so I am prescribed to Vyvanse and Adderall for ADHD. This greatly reduces my appetite and I am lucky if I can stomach one good size meal a day, I usually can only have a light meal/snack a couple times a day. When I am not able to eat, but my body needs food, I become nauseous and sometimes end up gagging. These medicines have resulted in substantial weight loss (I was thin to begin with, once 6'1"/165 lbs, but now I am down to 149), along with a noticeable loss of energy without being able to sleep due to the stimulants. I have recently been self medicating with MMJ, which allows me to eat 3 square meals a day thank God. I realize that ADHD is not one of the conditions listed in the law, however, I have read the law many times and I believe that I qualify. Here is an excerpt from the law that we have all seen before:

(5) "Debilitating medical condition" means 1 or more of the following:

(a) Cancer, glaucoma, positive status for human immunodeficiency virus,

acquired immune deficiency syndrome, hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral

sclerosis, Crohn's disease, agitation of Alzheimer's disease, nail patella,

or the treatment of these conditions.

(b) A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or its

© Any other medical condition or treatment for a medical condition

approved by the department pursuant to a petition submitted under R 333.133.

The law specifically reads in section 5b. that a patient qualifies if the treatment for the disease/condition as well as the disease/condition itself is causing any of the symptoms listed. In my case it would be wasting/nausea. However it is my understanding that the cachexia/wasting syndrome is referring to cancer/AIDS patients.

b) A chronic or debilitating disease or medical condition or its

So, what's your take? Do you believe I qualify for MMJ and will a doctor be compassionate enough to write the recommendation? I don't want to waste money going to the doctor and come out empty handed. Thanks

Here is a list of some specific conditions that may already qualify for the Affirmative Defense with a medical opinion, but are not yet specifically part of the formal certification list. The department shall accept a written petition from any person requesting that a particular medical condition or treatment be included in the list of debilitating medical conditions. Sample Petition Here

Amotivational Syndrome, Achalasia, Acute Porphyria, Aggressive-Destructive Behavior, Amputation, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Anxiety Attacks, Aseptic Necrosis, Asthma, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (Adhd), Back Pain, Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, Brain Surgery (Post), Burn Injury, Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease, Colitis, Common Cold, Congestive Heart Failure, Constipation, Crohn's Disease, Cystic Fibrosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Dementia, Diabetes, Diabetic Gastroparesis, Dysmenorrhea, Endometriosis, Familial Spastic Paraplegia, Fibromyalgia, Frontal Lobe Epilepsy, Gastroesophogeal Reflux Disease (Same As Diabetic Gastroparesis), Gout, Grand Mal Seizures, Gynecomastia, Hashimoto's Encephalopathy, Herpes, High Blood Pressure, Horton's Syndrome (Cluster Headache), Hyperemesis Gravidaru, Hypertension, Insomnia, Intractable Hiccoughs, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Joint Pain, Labor Discomfort, Lewy Body Disease, Lyme Disease, Lung Cancer, Menière's Syndrome, Meningitis, Menorrhagia (Excessive Menstrual Bleeding), Migraine, general Muscle Spasm, Myasthenia Gravis, Myofascial Pain Syndrome, Narcolepsy, geneal Nausea, (Erythema) Nodosum, Neurofibromatosis Nystagmus, Optic Nerve Atrophy, Orthostatic Hypotension, Osteoarthritis, Paget's Disease, Panic Disorder, Paraplegia, Peripheral Neuropathy, Phantom Pain, Polycystic Kidney Disease, Post-Polio Syndrome, Post-Traumatic Convulsive Disorder, Post-Traumatic Neuromuscular Symptoms, Post-Traumatic Spasms And Pain, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (Ptsd), Pregnancy, Premenstrual Syndrome (Pms), Primary Sclerosing Cholangiitis (Psc), Pseudotumor Cerebri, Psoriasis, Quadriplegia, Raynaud's Phenomenon, Restless Legs Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Ruptured Disc Pain, Sexual Disability, Spastic Paraplegia, Spasticity, (Dyspepsia) Stomach Discomfort, Stuttering, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (Sle), Temporal Lobe Epilepsy, Esophageal Spasms, Tinnitus, Tourette's Syndrome, Transverse Myelitis, Trigeminal Neuralgia, Ulcerative Colitis, Von Hippel-Landau Syndrome, Morbid Obesity, Wyburn-Mason Syndrome

Get up to date Medical Information about any condition

• 4 weeks later...

Archived