Art Reyes For 51St District Michigan State Representative

Buck Naykid

The 51st District represents those living in the cities of Fenton, Goodrich, Grand Blanc and Linden as well as the townships of Argentine, Atlas, Fenton, Grand Blanc and Mundy.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Art-Reyes-for-51st-District-Michigan-State-Representative/108955412469655?v=info&ref=ts

http://www.voteartreyes.com/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent To Art from me: Paul P*** October 4 at 4:54pm

Really hopeing you can get back with me before tomarrow with your MMJ stance. Tomarrow is our political meeting at our local patients group and it would be nice to let your constituants know where you stand on this issue for this meeting... I know your busy but this is why I conteacted you was because I want to share your info with the other patients at this particular meeting....

Art Reyes October 4 at 7:27pm

Paul, are there specific questions you want answers to? My position on the passage of the law was that for those who need it for medical reasons should have that opportunity. It should be well regulated and there needs to be clarification on how it will be enforced because those who need MM for pain management should not have to wait while the state and local municipalities get their acts together. This is a quality of life issue with me.

Paul P*** October 4 at 7:57pm

So what I hear you saying is you suport the laws and the patients who recieve these meds

(" My position on the passage of the law was that for those who need it for medical reasons should have that opportunity").

"It should be well regulated and there needs to be clarification on how it will be enforced because those who need MM for pain management should not have to wait while the state and local municipalities get their acts together. This is a quality of life issue with me."

You feel there needs to be clarification.. do you suport the laws as written for patients growing own meds for self? How do you feel clarification is needed.. IE despensarys etc... and what would you work towards to see clarified.

How do you feel about issues like:

Meds being grown by special farms and the rights of patients and caregivers to grow thier own meds at home taken away?

Extreamly long waits to recieve MMJ cards (more than 4 months currently) and law enforcement and judges not recognizeing the paperwork you have applied for and not denyed but considered criminals because the state hasn't gotten patients thier cards in timely manner.

Your view on how dispensorys should be handled in Michigan.

Washington DC reciently passed a law where the poor were gaurentied meds at prices they could afford so no one in DC would go without.. What are your views on this and would you suport Michigan following this example and work towards it.

Anything else you may want to say to the group of people who needs meds for illnesses who are scared of whats happening in Michigan with patients going to jail and police taking medicine and calling it drugs and harrasing patients.

I am sorry if you have answered similer questions elsewhere and I have not seen them. If anywhere I refer to meds or similer things I do refer to MMJ (Medical Marihuana)

I am eager to hear back from you and share your views with patients in our area.

please respond like you wrote me a letter so I can post it on our web site and also take it into the club tomarrow and read it to all the patients...

Good luck this NOV!! I can tell from your answers you are a fair and compasionate man and a man for the people and patients alike!

Thank you

Paul P***

Art Reyes October 4 at 9:21pm

Re: Hello Again

October 4, 2010

Paul P***

Dear Paul,

On the questions you have asked me regarding Michigan’s Medical Marijuana Laws, I hold the following beliefs. I believe the issue is a matter of quality of life for those who fall under its auspices and as such should be treated with the utmost respect.

One issue I see as being unproductive is the fact that the state and municipalities have seemingly dropped the ball with regards to enforcement of the law. Doing so has allowed the potential for abuse by some unscrupulous individuals while at the same time denying those who are in need timely access. The law clearly states that those who are found in need by their medical professional have the right to cultivate their own, while being required to take precautions as to its accessibility by others. They can also obtain what they need from a qualified caregiver. It is unfortunate that clarity has not helped those in charge of crafting enforcement codes to do so in a concise manner, leaving those in need in a state of limbo which too often means a reduced quality of life.

I believe that all should have access to affordable, quality healthcare, including Medical Marijuana. Again, this assumes the proper use and prescribed method for obtaining any drugs. I lived for several years with intense pain due to an undiagnosed case of Pan-Ulcerative Colitis which eventually led to the removal of my entire colon. I have great sympathy for those who suffer chronic and intense pain and know that healthcare providers do not take lightly their duties to aid in the full life health of those in their care. I realize pain is not the only reason one would qualify for a MM prescription but having gone through my health issues, that is one area with which I am too familiar.

There are many issues to be settled and I will seek the counsel of those who have firsthand knowledge of this situation to help me further shape my policy stances but I am open to do so, am sympathetic to those in need and have a passion for helping the situations of others. I will bring to Lansing these values and will be an accessible representative for the people of Michigan.

If there are further questions on this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact me via email at AReyes651@aol.com or on my cell at 810.836.1162.

Sincerely,

Art Reyes

Art Reyes for 51st District Michigan State Representative

Archived