Caregiver Standards

GREENkZOO

I am new to the site and have been trying to get involved in the forum. One thing I have noticed is that there are widely different views on what caregivers should charge, if they should charge at all, expected quality, frequency, perks, etc.

WARNING TO READERS: This is not a fully formed thought. Just a random idea.

Why is there not a body or commission to establish these types of standards? If we are truly trying to legitimize this industry, regulation is in order. The best kind of regulation in my mind would come from a democratic congress of caregivers and patients that would set minimum standards for practice. It could be a member organization like the AMA or something, that way people could rest assured that members of such an organization would be held to some kind of minimum requirements.

The body could check its members itself like "Certified Naturally Grown" farmers do. In order to use the "Certified Naturally Grown" label, farms must be inspected by other "Certified Naturally Grown" farmers to ensure that plants are being grown without chemical fertilizers, pesticides, and so on.

No caregiver would be forced to be a member but they would not have the use of the "Certified Compassionate Care," or whatever, label.

Regulations could be simple and common sense, but nonetheless, become standards. And like a said, members of such an organization should decide on these democratically.

Here are a few rules that I don't think would be too much to expect from a legitimate caregiver:

1.All meds are naturally grown, or more specifically, no chemical fertilizers, pesticides, ect. I personally have never had a problem carrying this out..

2. Some kind of price cap. I am all for making money, but we're talking about sick people here. If you can't figure out how to provide meds and pay yourself without charging $24 a gram, you just don't get it. Choose another line of work.

Thats all I have right now, but I'm sure if you had a room with just a few caregivers from different parts of the state in it the list would go a little longer.

All of this might also give the public and Lansing a different view of the MMJ community. Lets be proactive. It could also provide us with a legitimate lobby in lansing, and a tool for education and awareness.

REMEMBER: Just a random thought.

Archived