Saginaw County May Ask For Law Enforcement Millage

First he robs and terrorizes your home, your children, and the rest of the family, family pets, money and other things, along with the community ... NOW he wants YOU to PAY some MORE!?

Here's some excerpts and a link to the mind-numbing article:

SAGINAW (WJRT) -- (11/10/10) -- Saginaw County Sheriff Bill Federspiel says there is enough support to move forward with a countywide public safety millage.

Saginaw County commissioners approved the 2011 budget earlier this year without a single layoff for the sheriff's department. But commissioners told the sheriff he would have to ask for a public safety millage next year or face even deeper personnel cuts.

Since then, Federspiel has been trying to figure out two things: Would voters support a millage and how much voters are willing to pay.

Federspiel today received the results of a recent study conducted by a Central Michigan University professor. In that study, paid for by general forfeiture money, Federspiel learned there is enough support to move forward with a millage request.

More than 200 people were surveyed. Thirty-six percent them indicated they would support a millage for just the sheriff's department. Only 43 percent would vote yes for a millage for the prosecutor's office.

The number Federspiel feels is most significant is the 63 percent of people who said they would support a millage that would pay for law enforcement as a whole, which includes the sheriff's department, the prosecutor's office and the court system.

"It gave me hope that people do understand one thing, and that, they need law enforcement in their community," Federspiel said

http://abclocal.go.com/wjrt/story?section=news/local&id=7775184

Wonder where Mr. Federspiel got them numbers and learned his math? Perhaps, the same place that Mr. Anslinger went to "school"?

Be Informed.

Be FREE!

Two things jump right out at me about this article. First, the "study" was paid for with forfeiture monies. We all know how that system has been abused in Saginaw.

Second, and more comical to me is that the study showed 63% of people would vote to support paying more for LEO, which the sheriff interprets as the public's clear understanding of their need for public policing. Now, what else did the voters recently approve with a 63% vote? Let me think. Oh yeah, the MMMA. Of course in THAT case, it wasn't the public's clear desire to allow medical marijuana, it was a mistake where people clearly didn't understand what they were voting for (Federspiel's argument.)

Funny how the EXACT SAME percentages came up and this goof can interpret the same number in completely opposite manners. I'd argue that if people in Saginaw understood that their public safety millage money will be spent to pursue medical marijuana patients and caregivers, how many would still support the millage request? Who is trying to get one over on whom, Mr. Federspiel? Shame on you.

Two things jump right out at me about this article. First, the "study" was paid for with forfeiture monies. We all know how that system has been abused in Saginaw.

Second, and more comical to me is that the study showed 63% of people would vote to support paying more for LEO, which the sheriff interprets as the public's clear understanding of their need for public policing. Now, what else did the voters recently approve with a 63% vote? Let me think. Oh yeah, the MMMA. Of course in THAT case, it wasn't the public's clear desire to allow medical marijuana, it was a mistake where people clearly didn't understand what they were voting for (Federspiel's argument.)

Funny how the EXACT SAME percentages came up and this goof can interpret the same number in completely opposite manners. I'd argue that if people in Saginaw understood that their public safety millage money will be spent to pursue medical marijuana patients and caregivers, how many would still support the millage request? Who is trying to get one over on whom, Mr. Federspiel? Shame on you.

Whoah! You're freakin' me out! (Reading my mind like that!)

: ]

Sure hit the nail right on the head.

And, I hear ya! My sentiments - exactly!

End THEIR LIES!

Know The TRUTH.

CANNABIS CURES - Without Fears.

FREE The CURE!

Archived