Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

Guest thequietone

Guest thequietone

I think it was in a thread BG started about butter where i offered up a cookie recipe. A couple of people have requested it and I had to make a couple of changes to it before posting it. I hope everyone enjoys these as much as I do.

DOUBLE CHOCOLATE MINT CHIP COOKIES

11/2 c cannabutter

11/2 c Demerara Cane sugar

3/4 c white sugar

5 eggs room temp.

1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract

3 c AP flour

3/4 c cocoa powder

1 1/4 tsp baking soda

3/4 tsp kosher salt

1 bag Andes crème de menthe thins chopped into 1/4 x 1/4 inch chips. About 15 per candy.

In mixing bowl combine the butter, eggs, vanilla and beat until creamy. Slowly add the sugars and continue to beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and the salt. Mix until the ingredients are well blended together. Slowly add the dry to the wet mixing well before adding more. After all the dry ingredients are mixed thoroughly add the mint chips and fold into the dough.

On plastic wrap spoon out a portion of dough and using the plastic wrap, roll it into a 1-inch log. Continue doing this until you have all the dough rolled into logs wrapped in plastic. Place logs on a cookie sheet and place in the freezer for 40 to 60 minutes. Remove from freezer one at a time and unwrap then cut into 1/2 inch slices. Arrange the slices on a wax paper cover cookie sheet with a layer of wax paper in between the layers. Place back in the freezer for several hours before packaging the frozen cookies in ziplock bags or Tupperware containers. I will keep frozen cookie dough for six months, but they never last that long.

TO BAKE

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet after a few minutes to cooling rack. Watch baking time carefully, when properly baked they will be crunchy outside and soft inside. Over baking will result in more of a biscuit type cookie. These make great dippers.

Makes approx. 170 2” cookies

Archived