Its A Wonderful Life ...a Christmas Story

welj31

Let me tell you about something wonderful that just happened to me. To start let me set the stage for the story: Lately things have been a bit rough here ( to tell the truth really rough). There have been several events / problems beyond our control. Money has been very tight. And as I am only human I sometimes react in a manor I later regret. Which leads to feeling foolish later. I sometimes forget the advice I give to friends and family. Life is only 1% about what happens to you…the other 99% is how you react to it.

Well with all the recent problems I have been constantly reminded that I am the richest man I know. I have friends that are always there for my family and I. And I have friends I have yet to meet. This was the case when I went for my renewal this past Friday. You see not only did I need a renewal, but I needed a doctor that cared. That’s right I was looking for someone that truly cared about my health care. Not a mill just set up to make money. A doctor that would listen to my concerns and address them. A doctor that would spend a little time getting to know the patient, the patient’s family, and lifestyle.

Well I found the doctor I was looking for. From the first contact I had with his wonderful wife I knew I was on the right track. Communication was clear and friendly. The appointment was set and I was off to see this doctor who cared. When I entered the office I was greeted and moments later I was given paperwork to fill out (yep they had questions for me…not just how would I be paying). As I filled out the paperwork I overheard the doctors wife telling another patient how long his wait would be and checking to see if he wanted to wait. Without hesitation he agreed to wait. Thinking back I now understand why. Its kind of like waiting for good bud to cure. …well worth the wait. I however had very little of a wait. I was just done with my paperwork when I was shown to a comfortable exam room. And again my wait was very short.

The doctor came in, introduced himself, and shook hands. He even made eye contact. He was polite and concerned. We went over my medical history with the records I brought with me. All the while taking notes and making suggestions for better health care. As the exam went on I felt I had known the good doctor for years. He has a way of making you feel at ease. You could just see the compassion and caring he felt. There was a time long ago when being a doctor was an honor. It spoke to a mans integrity. He was trusted …he was an honorable man. This doctor brought back a memory of a time long gone for me. I had all but lost faith in finding such a person. My last doctor ran several test and found I had elevated sugar levels to the point I was a type two diabetic. Problem was for two years he never told me. So I suffered for years needlessly. When the exam was finished I felt completely satisfied that we had covered a great deal and more importantly I felt as if he really cared about my health.

Upon leaving the exam room I bumped into the doctors wife again and their new baby. That’s right the whole family works together (the baby’s job is looking cute). We talked for quite awhile longer. As I got to better know her and her family I found they were very kind down to earth people. With the same concerns, questions and problems as the rest of us. Now I have met doctors before and most if not all were very ……well lets just say snooty. That was not the case at all here. These folks seemed like old friends. They were happy to see me and showed it. This is how I would think everyone wants to be treated. With respect and compassion.

I felt so good about my visit there that I asked them IF it would be ok to tell everyone about my experience at their office. And they humbly agreed. I feel our relationship is a perfect fit. Now if you chose to see this doctor will you have the same experience as I had? I don’t know. You may or may not. What I do know is if you do come to see them you can expect to be treated like a person not a number. And I am sure you will find compassion and respect.

Now I bet you would like to know who this wonderful doctor and his wife are. Well their names are Dr. Bob & Alyscia Kenewell. Remember the names as I am sure we will someday see even greater things from these two.

I thank the Kenewell’s from the bottom of my heart. You have restored my faith in compassion and doctors. John

Archived