Holland Michigan - Mmj And Wooden Shoes!

Daily Headlines

CITY EXAMINES MEDICAL MARIJUANA REGULATIONS

by Andrea Goodell, The Holland Sentinel, (Source:Holland Sentinel)

writeNewsItems();Regional NewsUS MI: City Examines Medical Marijuana Regulations

US MI: Oakland County Raids Medical Marijuana Complex, Seizes $20,000

US MI: Challenge to Michigan's Medical-Marijuana Law Raises Privacy Concerns

US MI: Township to Host Joint Meeting

US MI: Gaines Township Narrowly Approves New Rules for Medical Marijuana

US MI: Rochester Hills Extends Moratorium on Medical Marijuana

US MI: Adrian Township Imposes Medical Marijuana Facility Moratorium

US MI: Hearing Delayed on Medical-Marijuana Case After Compassion Clubs Objects

US MI: Editorial: State Needs to Clarify Medical Marijuana Law

US MI: Council to Consider Ordinance to Put a Six-Month Moratorium on Medical M

More News Select a State See Map Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia FEDERAL Florida Georgia Guam Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Puerto Rico Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virgin Islands Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming Check State Laws

13 Jan 2011

Share This Article delicious.gif digg.gif stumble.gif facebook.gif twitter.gif

Michigan

-------

Holland, MI - The city of Holland could have any number of rules regulating medical marijuana caregivers within its borders. The planning commission, Tuesday, discussed three possibilities: regulating caregivers as home occupation businesses, type I home businesses or businesses allowed only within the commercial or industrial zones.

The Michigan Medical Marijuana Act passed nearly three years ago by a public referendum and allows patients to possess up to 12 plants or 2.5 ounces of marijuana and caregivers ( for those who cannot grow their own medical marijuana ) to serve up to five patients.

The commission seems to be steering clear of regulating patients.

"I don't believe it's within our right to do that. I think it's a violation of privacy," Commissioner Jerry Tonini said of patients. "I think you're going to drive it underground even more."

Other commissioners want to implement no local regulations, but rather ask the state legislature to fix the law they see as fatally flawed.

"I don't think we should be doing anything. I don't think this has anything to do with planning commission," Commissioner Jerome Thomas-Kobes said, adding he, other commissioners and the city should send letters asking the legislature to "clean up this quagmire they created."

Most commissioners want a form of home occupation business licenses for caregivers. The question is how much to regulate them and how much the city is allowed to regulate under the state law.

[sidebar]

FOR YOUR INFORMATION:

The Planning Commission will conduct a public hearing Jan. 25 on whether to extend its medical marijuana moratorium another three months. The moratorium bans dispensaries and limits households to one caregiver.

powered.pngMAP posted-by: Richard

Archived