I'm Headed To Lansing

trix

Ok, guy's gal's, Wednesday, February 16, 2011 anyone is welcome to come support the Hemophilia foundation, I'm directly affeted by the buget cuts by our governor, thanks Rick Snyder($2,000,000)in funding removed cause they say we have more money then needed. I get PAPERCUT I can potentially die. no cure for this disease

But anywho.... this would be a great time if anyone had letters to the legislators they would like to present petitions etc... I will be more than willing to try to get them in the hands of the right people...just a thought? this trip will be funded by the foundation and anyone wanting to go is welcome!! lunch at the capitol building..

won't hurt to try and support more than just one cause while I'm there seeing as I will meeting and talking directly to them!!!!

Funding for adults with hemophilia under Children's Special Health Care Services is once again at risk. The hemophilia community must mobilize quickly to educate the new legislators on the importance of maintaining this safety net program.

Please join us on Wednesday, February 16, 2011 for the first of two Lansing Days:

8:00 a.m. Bus leaves HFM Office in Ypsilanti

9:00 a.m. Stop in Brighton to pick up passengers

10:00 a.m. Arrive in Lansing

10:45 a.m. Meet with legislators

12:00 p.m. Lunch in the Capitol

1:00 p.m. Meet with legislators

2:00 p.m Leave Lansing

4:00 p.m. Return to HFM Office

The governor is fast tracking the 2011-2012 budget and plans to make it a two-year budget plan. If we are going to have any impact we need to start now. Please contact the HFM Office if you would like more information.

Our next Lansing Day is scheduled for Wednesday, May 25, 2011, please mark your calendar and plan to attend. Other plans are underway for staff visits before Lansing Days. If you would like to visit your legislator before Lansing days let us know and we will help get you an appointment and possibly a ride to Lansing.

If you are interested in participating in any of these upcoming advocacy events, please contact Ann LeWalk lewalk@hfmich.org .

Archived