New Neem Source And More

Shredder

I have found a "new" source of neem.

http://www.neemresource.com/

Their neem is organic and the only neem product listed by the gov as a bio pesticide. This place, neem resource, is the usa rep for neem coming from India. I read about this on other MJ sites, I have no interest in the company.

I am using neem resource's recommendation and mixing 50/50 with karanja oil (another great oil, read about it at the site)at 1/2 tsp of each per quart along with liquid silica (pro tech)as an emulsifier along with a little soap (dr bronner's)

Dyna grow's neem works fairly well and has as it's active ingredient azadirachtin. And lets simplify by calling it aza, the neem resource neem oil, has listed aza at the rate of 3000ppm, although i have read it actually goes up to 4500ppm aza. dyna grow's neem has in the neighborhood of 1500ppm, somewhere in between is azamax and simular products that claim they have concentrated aza, but it's not as high in aza as this neem is. Keep in mind aza in neem oil breaks down with heat and light, so store it appropriately.

They also sell neem cake and karanja cake. This is the left overs after the neem/karanja seeds are crushed for oil. The neem cake has by weight 6% neem, it's nute value is something like 4-1-1. It's texture is like a dry fert size pellet, and it breaks down slowly. It is a fungicide, and will provide systematic protection as the neem is taken up by the plants. And it does not seem to harm the micro world in an organic grow. It is said to help with both mildew and bugs when used asa a fert.

Anyway this mix seems to work well, and the plants love it. I had a very minor mite problem, I sprayed at the rate of 1 tsp per gallon neem/karanja oil (i did not know the rate was supposed to be 1 tsp per quart) anyway i watched under magnification as the mites slowly turned black, and then died, over the next few days, the eggs became small and did not seem to hatch.

Another soil type fert/ bug killer is crab meal. When added to your soil mix it attracts bacteria that eats it for the chitin content. This bacteria also eats some of our bad bugs that have body parts that are also made from chitin. So it is a nutrient and like our meals, it breaks down slow, it provides chitin (important for our plants), and is organic, and a bug deterrent. win win win shredder

Archived