Growing Questions

Hi,

I made this post so I can get some suggestions from people with experience. I am working on starting a medium size grow op but I can't figure out how big I want to build the two rooms. I am going to have a flowering room and a veg/seedling room built fully insulated and everything. I have approx 15x10 ft to work with. I was thinking a 5x10 veg room and a 10x10 flowering room. I am also planning on using the ScROG method of growing. Any suggestions on room size?

Hi,

I made this post so I can get some suggestions from people with experience. I am working on starting a medium size grow op but I can't figure out how big I want to build the two rooms. I am going to have a flowering room and a veg/seedling room built fully insulated and everything. I have approx 15x10 ft to work with. I was thinking a 5x10 veg room and a 10x10 flowering room. I am also planning on using the ScROG method of growing. Any suggestions on room size?

It depends on how you grow really. ie set of 4, perpetual, cloning, seedlings . . .. the list goes on. I recommend deciding how you want to grow, and then seeing if you can build a room that will work.

You need to remember a few things when considering grow room sizes. The bigger the room, the more ventilation and light you will need. When you are in flowering, you do not want to harvest more than the limit that you can legally have on you. So for one patient, you cant have more than 2.5 ounces of usable cannabis. So harvesting 12 or even 6 plants at once will put you over your limit.

I would say go another foot or so wider in your veg room if you plan on running 1000 watters. They cover about a 5 ft area and you want a little walking room but it sounds like a good plan. Peace, Afi

Welcome GrowHard! BubbleGrower and Jipo? had some drawings and schematics of some grow room designs. Nice but I can't remember where they were. Good luck, you just be a bit patient and people will help I am sure...Welcome.jpg

Thanks Bisharoo and the others. I also was planning on using 2 600w HPS lights in the flowering room and a 400w mh in the veg room. Once I got more patients I was planning on getting an automated light ballast for the 2 600w hps lights so they could act as 4 basically instead of 2.

They posted drawings, dimensions etc. splitting the rooms. Maybe it was back last summer sometime but it seemed like what you are looking for. I'm sorry I can't post a link for you but I bet someone will that knows how to find those pictures etc.

Archived