Renewl Grace Period

redrob

Is there a grace period for renewing your card? We have been told you have 90 days, is that correct? My caregiver is dropping me because mine expired on the 1st will be renewing on the 14th. Also if she drops me what steps do I have to take to have her destroy my plants and recieve my documents back?

Based on alot of stuff on here I wouldn't listen to anything about a grace period. If LE has any way of getting you rest assured they will! As far as your caregiver goes it is her responsibility to take the necessary steps which would include returning her caregiver card to the MDCH.

Guest thequietone

There is no grace period and you will have to submit a new application. This is taken from the renewal application, "If you do not submit a renewal application prior to the expiration of your current registry ID card, your card will be NULL and VOID as of the expiration date. After the expiration date, you can no longer submit a renewal application. You can, however, submit a new application."

You are not responsible for the plants in anyway as they are your caregivers problem. It will be up to them to dispose of them to remain within the law.

Archived