New Set Up Ideas

DolomitesDelight

Hi everyone, thanks for the great responses on my last post but things have gotten re-arranged and now instead of a 3 X 5 utility closet, I have an entire 10 X 12 bedroom (with closet) to work with! Now that I understand the lighting situation, I'm more concerned with space. I only have one patient so I'm only looking to max at 12, the questions now become:

- Should I still invest in tents or could I seal off light/darkness in a cheaper but just as effective way (there is only one window)?

- How much lighting (400W, 600W, 1000W) would just 12 plants need to maximize their yield? How much is too much/overkill?

- Would my yields be greater if I had X veg/Y flower, harvested all flowering and rotate the veg into flower then get new clones for veg (Sea of Green idea), or should I just grow all 12 from seed to harvest and start new all over again?

- Is it a better idea to use a bedroom that shares a wall with a neighbor's bedroom (front of apt) or living room (back of apt)?

- Is the apartment's central air going to be "good enough" to cool the air or should I still look at getting an air conditioner for the room, or will a bunch of fans just be enough?

Thank you in advance for your responses and I look forward to hearing back from the community. Thanks! :thumbsu:

- Should I still invest in tents or could I seal off light/darkness in a cheaper but just as effective way (there is only one window)?

nah, plywood is cheaper and more secure and it is hard to place a wallmount fan in a tent.

- How much lighting (400W, 600W, 1000W) would just 12 plants need to maximize their yield? How much is too much/overkill?

600W that way you can add more as you gain patients. Some strains (kush needs alot) have different light requirements.

- Would my yields be greater if I had X veg/Y flower, harvested all flowering and rotate the veg into flower then get new clones for veg (Sea of Green idea), or should I just grow all 12 from seed to harvest and start new all over again?

12 harvested all at once would put you over limit. Maybe 2 plants every 2 weeks perpetual would be better?

- Is it a better idea to use a bedroom that shares a wall with a neighbor's bedroom (front of apt) or living room (back of apt)?

Living room is an area for entertaining more people than a bedroom. I would put it by bedroom. The white noise generated by your fans may help the neighbor fall asleep faster too.

- Is the apartment's central air going to be "good enough" to cool the air or should I still look at getting an air conditioner for the room, or will a bunch of fans just be enough?

central air should be enough. You may have to adjust all the vent openings to get the correct levels though.

Awesome responses and thanks a ton. I'm happy to hear I won't have to spend so much on the tents and that central air should keep everything cool enough. I don't plan to have more than one patient, so will 600W still be good for a perpetual operation? I was wondering about the harvest methods because I plan to take all the overages to dispensaries or donate them to those in need. I know that harvesting 12 at once would put me over the limit temporarily but I plan to take care of the overages promptly and legally. If doing 2 flower and 10 veg is a better idea though, then I will heed the advice from those who are (without a doubt, probably) more experienced. Thanks again for your response!

Dolomite

nah, plywood is cheaper and more secure and it is hard to place a wallmount fan in a tent.

600W that way you can add more as you gain patients. Some strains (kush needs alot) have different light requirements.

12 harvested all at once would put you over limit. Maybe 2 plants every 2 weeks perpetual would be better?

Living room is an area for entertaining more people than a bedroom. I would put it by bedroom. The white noise generated by your fans may help the neighbor fall asleep faster too.

central air should be enough. You may have to adjust all the vent openings to get the correct levels though.

a legit MM outlet will only take overages in amounts YOU are allowed to have. In your case they would only aquire 2.5 O from you.

"over the limit temporarily" - No MM law protections if you do get caught over limits even if you were only over limit for 1 second. Plus, its easier on the body to harvest a little at a time.

good luck

Good call, I'm thinking "temporarily" isn't a word LEO would understand anyway now that you've clarified things for me. Thanks for your help again and your advice will be put to good use, I think the 2/10 flower/veg idea would be good...maybe even 3/9 or 4/8?. Take care!

a legit MM outlet will only take overages in amounts YOU are allowed to have. In your case they would only aquire 2.5 O from you.

"over the limit temporarily" - No MM law protections if you do get caught over limits even if you were only over limit for 1 second. Plus, its easier on the body to harvest a little at a time.

good luck

Archived