If the ppm is 16 then my guess would be it is filtered using Reverse Osmosis. This is perfect water however you must remember that R.O. filtered water takes EVERYTHING both good and bad from the water. Keep an eye on your plants for Calmag deficiancies. It never hurts to be proactive and add 1/2 a tsp of CalMag+ with every watering.

You should add any nutrients first and then adjust your ph to the desired range.

If the ppm is 16 then my guess would be it is filtered using Reverse Osmosis. This is perfect water however you must remember that R.O. filtered water takes EVERYTHING both good and bad from the water. Keep an eye on your plants for Calmag deficiancies. It never hurts to be proactive and add 1/2 a tsp of CalMag+ with every watering.

You should add any nutrients first and then adjust your ph to the desired range.

my beans are making good progress. the roots are getting long and harry. i started with tap water with a PPM of 180 and i PH the water to 6.2. gonna add some rhizotonic to my water to get em really going. my question is should i be using RO water, PH'd and rhizotonic or use the tap water in the same order?

R.O. water really is the best choice. Ive had a lot of success using tap or well water but when it really comes down to it Reverse Osmosis filtered water is probably the best for your plants. If you are going to add Rhiztonic to your water you should add the desired amount and mix, get a ph reading, then adjust your ph as needed.

This goes for anything you may add to your water...you should always mix it first and then adjust your ph unless your nutrient schedule says otherwise (ex. with House and Gardens Nutrients you have to adjust the ph after you add the base and before you add the additives)

"Rain Water"...Easy~Easy~Easy...Love Advanced !!....Peace!

Rain Water can be good however it can be a major pain in the donkey to collect and water a whole crop full of plants. Having multiple rain barrels to tap into and collect your water EVERYTIME you need to water your plants can be very time consuming. I have had good luck using rain water where another water source isnt readily available...however if at all possible I would just go with a quality R.O. Filter.

P.S. The rain water I have collected around here has been acidic with a ph in the high 4's to low 5's...if you do use rain water be sure to corret the ph.

Archived