Increase In Random Drug Screenings?

Is random drug testing increasing in the work place?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Have you seen drug testing increase in your workplace?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Have you had more intense screening experiences i.e. "Gotta watch you pee, bro"?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you know what to do if your job is threatened by drug screenings?

• Yes
    • No

Just saw Afi's post on his wife's company starting random drug testing.

My wife has heard her company is planning to begin random drug testing too.

One of my patients has seen random drug testing increase in frequency as well as intensity (full observation of the micturating activity itself).

What's the word in Corporate Michigan?

Are companies increasing their drug testing in response to MMMA?

That would make sense after the precedent set in the WalMart case.

Its a great way to thin out the the existing "highly paid" labor force, and to justify the increased use of underscreened Temporary Labor services.

All companies would use only Temp labor if they could get away with it, "huge" savings in outsourcing the labor costs.

Please share your thoughts and observations.

Just saw Afi's post on his wife's company starting random drug testing.

My wife has heard her company is planning to begin random drug testing too.

One of my patients has seen random drug testing increase in frequency as well as intensity (full observation of the micturating activity itself).

What's the word in Corporate Michigan?

Are companies increasing their drug testing in response to MMMA?

That would make sense after the precedent set in the WalMart case.

Its a great way to thin out the the existing "highly paid" labor force, and to justify the increased use of underscreened Temporary Labor services.

All companies would use only Temp labor if they could get away with it, "huge" savings in outsourcing the labor costs.

Please share your thoughts and observations.

I used workers from every temp agency in Michigan and they all drug screen. Until cannabis is rescheduled and you have a job in MI and want to keep it, you may want to not use cannabis.

Personally I had more problems with alcoholics than with any temps who I knew smoked cannabis. Alcoholics who show up still drunk from the night before are far less productive than the person who may medicate at lunch or before work.

And here is an opportunity for Michigan entrepreneur(s) to start a cannabis tolerant policy at their business or, start a cannabis tolerant business.

With Snyder importing foreign workers to "kick start Michigan's economy", a person with vision could start a trend that might spread nationwide and maybe even help accelerate the acceptance of cannabis in the work place as a medicine.

Gov. Snyder looks to recruit skilled immigrants to bring economic boost

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2011/06/michigan_links_gov_snyder_look.html

Leaders of the initiative are in the process of enlisting organizations, building relationships and addressing current issues in attracting and retaining international students and other skilled immigrants.

Archived